We just came back from a 4-night stay at the resort. We were stunned by the view when we arrived the reception - a great view of the 5 islands with blue sky and turquoise water! The villa itself is great: great pool, great view, internet TV, big tub.
First night we went to the fine dining restaurant Jahn and we totally were turned off - we could only have a few bites - i ordered a 'Tom Yum' thinking it's 'Tom Yum Gung' but it's not, it's two gigantic scallop in a reddish salty soup served with a teapot. It tasted just like salt water. My husband ordered a sweet and sour pork belly and maybe he just did not understand, pork belly means a piece of fat. He didn't even take a bite. The price is not cheap but we were just not able to finish it.
Other than that, there is not lots of options on Thai food, i just could not find lots of 'common' items on the menu. I can find more Thai food in a Thai restaurant in HK. Very disappointed about that because we went to Thailand for authentic Thai food.
The breakfast selection is very small, we've been to lots of different resorts and Conrad Koh Samui has the smallest breakfast selection. And the food served every morning are almost the same....feel very bored after 4-nights stay.
Well, it's not just all complaints about the food, the in-villa BBQ we had is awesome, we had a seafood BBQ dinner, the lobster is just delicious. But there was too much food, we could hardly finish!
And the service is excellent, the staff came very quickly when we called for help. Buggy and in-villa dining service are very quick.
I strongly think they need to improve their food options and quality because the hotel is in a remote location and most guests have to stuck to the hotel food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui