“Excellent view but disappointed by the food”
Review of Conrad Koh Samui

Conrad Koh Samui
Ranked #22 of 316 Hotels in Ko Samui
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We just came back from a 4-night stay at the resort. We were stunned by the view when we arrived the reception - a great view of the 5 islands with blue sky and turquoise water! The villa itself is great: great pool, great view, internet TV, big tub.

First night we went to the fine dining restaurant Jahn and we totally were turned off - we could only have a few bites - i ordered a 'Tom Yum' thinking it's 'Tom Yum Gung' but it's not, it's two gigantic scallop in a reddish salty soup served with a teapot. It tasted just like salt water. My husband ordered a sweet and sour pork belly and maybe he just did not understand, pork belly means a piece of fat. He didn't even take a bite. The price is not cheap but we were just not able to finish it.

Other than that, there is not lots of options on Thai food, i just could not find lots of 'common' items on the menu. I can find more Thai food in a Thai restaurant in HK. Very disappointed about that because we went to Thailand for authentic Thai food.

The breakfast selection is very small, we've been to lots of different resorts and Conrad Koh Samui has the smallest breakfast selection. And the food served every morning are almost the same....feel very bored after 4-nights stay.

Well, it's not just all complaints about the food, the in-villa BBQ we had is awesome, we had a seafood BBQ dinner, the lobster is just delicious. But there was too much food, we could hardly finish!

And the service is excellent, the staff came very quickly when we called for help. Buggy and in-villa dining service are very quick.

I strongly think they need to improve their food options and quality because the hotel is in a remote location and most guests have to stuck to the hotel food.

Room Tip: villa higher up should have a better view of the sea and the islands. we were staying on the first l...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 818
Justin P, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear 818,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your feedback on food options and quality which I have addressed with our Executive Chef and his team for their attention. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Apart from this I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcoming you back again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Koh Samui

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Outstanding Hotel with great service. Breathtaking views and well equiped 100% seaview - private pool villa style rooms. Very nice bathroom, sitting room and bed with comfortable pillow top matress. Excellent cuisine in all styles; Thai, Western, fusion ....
Very nice SPA and outstanding massage service. It is recommended to rent a car because the hotel is somewhat remote..

Room Tip: All rooms have 100% seaview - no real differences just being near the breakfast may be convenient. -
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raphaël
Justin P, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Raphael,

Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us.

I am glad you were able to enjoy everything Conrad Koh Samui has to offer, we pride ourselves on delivering great service and I will be certain to pass your comments onto my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

All I can say is - WOW! The view, the food, the wine, the villa, the private plunge pool, the spa, the 5 islands.....the list goes on and on. My husband and I stayed at the Conrad Koh Samui for 6 nights in July to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. It was the best vacation in our 12 years together (we are Hilton Diamond members and we have been all over the world)! The view from reception was breathtaking, the ride on the buggy to our room was entertaining and our villa was something I never wanted to leave! The food at all of the restaurants was amazing from breakfast to dinner in the wine cellar (private dining experience in the wine cellar with the food paired by their sommelier - super special!). Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful (always with a smile) and the management always offers ways to make your experience special and unique. Roman Nieschlag (Food and Beverage Manager) was always ready and available to make our trip perfect! We rented a car, which was an experience, and it was worth it so we could get around the island and try different restaurants and see different towns. We truly cherished our time at Conrad Koh Samui and we hope to return soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MacBelge
Justin P, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear MacBelge,

Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay at Conrad Koh Samui.

I am delighted that you and your husband had a memorable stay and will be certain to let the team and Roman Nieschlag in particular k now that their warm and efficient service was a highlight of your stay and anniversary celebration.

Once again, thank you for staying with us at Conrad Koh Samui and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Excellent spacious cliff hanging infinity pool villa with jaw-dropping sunset view. I have stayed at a few other resorts on the island, and no others offer anything close to Conrad's view. Location is a bit far from everything else, but it wasn't an issue for me.

Must improve on the F&B service! I find it surprising that the menu has a wider selection of western food than Thai food. If I want pizza/pasta/burgers, I could stay home or go elsewhere. When I stay at a 5-star resort in Thailand, I expect to see a wider selection of authentic delicious Thai food. You can keep the Western menu, but please widen your Thai food selection.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Ghphotoshutter,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Koh Samui, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly appreciate our unrivalled sunset views.

And thank you for your feedback regarding our Thai menu selection which I will address with our culinary team accordingly. We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and it is comments as yours that help us to do exactly that.

We hope to welcome you back to Conrad Koh Samui again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed there from Aug9 to Aug11,2012, just came back from there. It was really an once in a life time experience. The villa was so great, the view from the standard villa surpasses the standard villa at W, Banyan Tree and Four Seasons.
I could feel the staff at the lobby were so busy and seemed it needed more people, but everyone was efficient and willing to help with politeness and smile. The staff at the azure and main pool were passionate and welcoming.
The house keeping was good, but with an essence oill container in the villa, I don't understand why they didn't refill essence oill on the container, it turned out I put and burned my own aromatic candle on that container.
We had lunch at azure and had room service, the food were good, the prices were reasonable, and the pizza was so delicious. If you could not stand the five star hotel prices, the location was not a problem,either. You could go to the GREEN TALAY, the FIVE ISLAND or The ELEMENT RESORT, all near Conrad,and the food there were all very good. The transportation prices for GREEN TALAY and the FIVE ISLAND were only 500THB, the staff were willing to help as I said, and the round trip transportation arrangement from Conrad to LAMAI or TESCO only cost 2500THB. I had wonderful lunch and spa at The ELEMENT RESORT, they picked us up from lobby and drove us back for free.
The spa was good, but the prices were very high and the view from spa room was the same as your villa’s, I rather spend 10 minutes drive time to The ELEMENT RESORT for better value spa.
The beach was not a problem, either. The ocean in the afternoon was dusty, but in the morning, it was shallow and clear, you could sit on the powdery sand where lay down on the button of the ocean and bath in the ocean and sometimes see some fish swim by your feet.
The only drawback might be the breakfast, the experience I have had there was surprisingly far behind what I have ever had at Four Seasons, Banyan Tree, and St. Regis in Bali. The variety was poor, the a la carte items were tasteless, they did not change any item from buffet for three days, even the man handled the eggs and noodles seemed in a bad mood and never smile.

Room Tip: I could walk to the Zest and main pool from my 305 villa.1 or 2 title villa are lower, near the main...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CHENCHIAHUNG
Justin P, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear CHENCHIAHUNG,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Koh Samui. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your comments to the team so they know they contributed to your one-of-a-kind-experience. In regards to the variety of breakfast, I have discussed with the culinary team to review the offering. I appreciate your feedback as it is a vital way of ensuring the proper level of service and facilities are provided to our guests and that is expected of a Conrad Hotel.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.