“Very Good Indeed!!!”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse - Samui
Ranked #262 of 1,461 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Description: Retro and modern in a mix of intricate detail and sophisticated simplicity. - Food is our passion and it is our aim to establish the benchmark in Southeast Asia for a contemporary, specialised steakhouse concept. We opened our first restaurant in 2011 and went our way from Saigon to Hanoi, Bangkok to Koh Samui, eight restaurants, and it is still the same joy. We are proud to serve you the finest steakhouse-style food, using only the best available meat products sourced from selected farms in Victoria, New South Wales and individual farmers and ranchers in the United States. This is all about the original flavour of the naturally raised meat, paired with the offer of our own steakhouse classics, as well as a modern approach on ingredients, preparation and combinations. Let your sense of taste be awoken with an aperitif, let the juicy meat melt in your mouth, dive into the latest wine treasures and find in a selection of cigars a peaceful retreat from the bustling world around.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

EL GAUCHO is located in the bustling main street of Chaweng Beach in Koh Samui. This is a really good Argentinian steakhouse that offers lots of options and is reasonably priced...there is also a decent, well priced wine list. Every meal that our group of 5 ordered was perfectly cooked and well presented. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable...if you want a change from the wonderful Thai food on this island, give EL GAUCHO a try...it is very good!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The quality of the food was very good and I knew before that it would not be cheap. We paid about 20.000 BAHT for a dinner for 5 - the wine list fits very well with what they have to offer.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is nice and a friendly and welcoming.
We was recommended this restaurant by a local business man who is a client of my wife.
As soon as I saw they had USDA I was in for a treat.
But I am very particular when it comes to my food and we’re it comes from, so I asked the staff if they had the certificate of stamp to show it was USDA, the answer came back NO!
Then they said it all comes from there restaurant in Bangkok and they remove the labels.
Hmmmm I said to myself and think twice about ordering the fillet and settled for the steak sandwich and my wife had the pork chop both were very nice and I have no complaints.
The reason for the Low star?
is purely due to no paperwork for the steak could be mutton dressed up as lamb I will never know.

4  Thank Bijan F
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

An excellent evening digging and sinking your teeth into some of the finest steaks
Ordered Rib eye, chicken liver, potato gratini, Argentinian beef sausage, kalpacho (rawish meat) , philly steak sandwich

There is lovely bread served with some amazing roasted garlic

The service is very nice, ambiance good

On certain days there is no liquor served on Buddhist festivals I believe
However the mango mint mojito was great too

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Situated in the center of Chaweng Gaucho serves the best steaks I found in Samui. Service is quick and friendly. 500g NY Sirloin with sides, tax and service sets you back ¬3500 baht but the quality is excellent.