“unfriendly service”

Cuisines: Diner, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

I have been there several times in the past.As many other I think it was the best Mexican in town.Many people read these reviews so restaurant gets filled up early and there starts the problem.It was like they took away the menu while I was still reading it.After 6pm it will be hard to find a table.Food took 40 min and some part of the food (the taco) was cold...it ended up with diarrhea...they should get more people for the kitchen and improve their service again...thats why this time only 2 star!

Date of visit: November 2015
Write a reviewReviews (537)

Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just had dinner here and we were blown away. Mexican food is my all time favourite cuisine and I have to say this may have been one of my favourite meals I've ever had. I had a freshly squeezed lime ice tea (YUM) and a combination platter with three choices out of a ton of options, I went with chicken chimichanga, beef burrito and pork quesadilla. the platter also came with red rice, some radishes, jicama and pineapple salad and four home made sauces to add to the two already on the table. yum yum yum. That is the best way to put it. Just go, you won't regret it. Oh yeah pretty cheap for non-thai food and lots of veggie and glutton free options.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by for an early dinner. We both love Mexican food and were pleasantly surprised when we heard people say good things about this restaurant, so we had to go. I'm a huge fan of places that have good chips and guacamole and this place had both! The chips are homemade and the guac is made to order and was very very good. The margaritas were on point as was our meal---vegetarian chimichangas and shrimp tacos! If you need to curb your Mexican food craving, this place will do it!

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Being a lifelong fan of Mexican food, I was so happy to finally discover Salsa Kitchen a couple of years ago. They have a new location near the Mee Chok Plaza, and it is at least as good as the original location on Huay Gaeow.

I try to go when I'm really hungry, because in addition to being very tasty, the portions are large - the way Mexican food should be. Most dishes are served with at least a couple of different salsas, a bit of fresh salad and/or fruit, lending a nice balance of zesty savory flavors with light and refreshing. The refried beans have a rich bean flavor, and are the right consistency, they haven't been overly spiced, allowing the bean flavor to come through. The staff at both places are nice, and do a great job, but the Huay Kaeow location is really busy, so they can get overwhelmed.

The new location is much quieter, it's not really in a "farang" area. To get there from the old city, you have to go down Chang Pueak until it changes to the 107(road to Pai). Go through the intersection where the Women's prison is and make the next u-turn, then turn left past the prison. Drive a couple of kilometers until almost to the Mee Chok Plaza. Salsa Kitchen 2 is on the left hand side. There is a big colorful cactus in the front.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

If you want to eat something else than thai food try the Salsa Kitchen, good menu and great food and nice atmosfeer