Open today: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm, 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
Half day cooking

Just got back from the half day cooking excursion at Mama Noi Cookery School. I had so much fun... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
ToscaMaria
Zaandijk, The Netherlands
via mobile
Absolutely worth a visit!

Not maassive on giving reviews but thought so much about this experience i had to. Me and my... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Relax40488408395
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chiang Mai
from USD 62.50
from USD 57.80
from USD 105.00
More Info
All reviews soup curry recipe book cooking class local market stir fry take home small farm cooking area at home thai dishes a lot of fun evening class cooking instructor learn how delicious food great cooking
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I am not a fan of cooking, I don't hugely enjoy it, but my husband really wanted to do a cooking course and friends told me it was worth doing a course. So I though...ok...let's go for it...and I am glad I did!
We did a half day morning course, which was the right move given how hot it was and the sheer amount of food we cooked for a half day...lots!
It was so much fun learning about the different ingredients, making spring rolls, a soup, a stir fry and a curry and it's definitely inspired me to cook more Thai food!
Our chef, Aim, was great, funny and patient, and somehow kept on track with us all cooking different dishes.
The setting was amazing, in a gorgeous farm like area not far from central Chiang Mai. A lot of the other courses I looked at were in the city and inside, so not as lush am environment I imagine. It was nice to wonder around the garden in breaks.
You get a cookbook to take home, which is great.
Would definitely go here again, absolutely amazing!

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We did the half day evening cooking class and loved it!! The class started off at the market with a brief introduction to the vegetables and time to look around the market. The class held about 10 people and we were able to select 3 different meals to make. The class was so much fun and the food was amazing!! The grounds are beautiful and the staff are very friendly especially our chef Nook. The gardens on the grounds have all the fresh ingredients that you cook with. They do a great job explaining everything you use and what goes in to each dish. We had plenty of food and couldn't finish all our meals. Would highly recommend doing this class!!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We visited here for a full day class and had such a great time!
We were picked up from our hotel at 8.30 and then made our way to the local market to learn about some key Thai cooking ingredients.
We were then taken to the cooking school which has the most beautiful setting in lovely gardens and a friendly team. Nook was our teacher for the day and she was fab! Very entertaining and explained everything so well!
There was a vast list of items to cook and each one was delicious! We had the option of making our dishes spicy and also the options to not put fish in them!
At the end we were presented with a recipe book which was put together very well with coloured pictures and the recipes are very detailed.
We had such an amazing day visiting Mama Noi’s and I would recommend to everybody! The quality and quantity of food you make is outstanding!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Well organised.We have been picked up from our hotel about 8:30 am.We went to local market where we meet rest of the group and our mentor.We had a quick lesson about Thai ingredients and free time to walk around.After market tour we went to school,lovely place just outside the town.We cooked 3 dishes we choose from menu.End of the day(I booked half day course)we all sat around the table and ate the food we cooked(you can also take away ,as I was not able to eat all)Our teacher was very friendly and funny.Lovley day with gorgeous ,friendly people from all over the world.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We lived the class. We did the half day course and learned how to make three Thai dishes, Thai tea and we had a dessert too. Make sure you're hungry when you go because you'll be eating everything you make!! We really appreciated the cookbook that they gave us at the end too. Also the instructor was brilliant!!!