“Perfect”

The Duke's Ping River
Ranked #160 of 2,723 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 2005 David Anichowski opened the Duke’s the first American restaurant by the Ping River in Chiang Mai.David Anichowski loves to eat great food and have a good time with family and friends, it is slogan is “No claims…No Games…Just Great food” A lot of hard work has provided Great food, Great service and Great prices to the customer of the Duke’s The Duke’s sells a lot of fresh beef; we only use imported Australian meat for our steaks, and we buy a lot of products directly from Bangkok. All of our sauces, breads, soups, dressings and cakes are made fresh daily and we cook to order. The American-style food is served in a family-friendly atmosphere The Duke’s has 5 outlets in Chiang Mai and Lamphun, Ping River, Maya Shopping Mall, Night Bazaar, Promenade Mall and Jampha Mall in Lamphun.
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Love the way the menu is displayed with clear pictures of each dish, Our meal was great as was the staff. Very clean inside & has excellent A/C, you can also sit outside if you choose, is close to the Ping river.

1  Thank KittyK950
Write a reviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 20 August 2016

My partner and I stumbled apon this restaurant while visiting the night markets in Chaing Mai,we thought it would be a welcomed change from Thai food.The menu was extensive including steak,ribs,sliders,burgers,pizza and much much more.The restaurant was clean,air conditioned and the staff were extremely friendly.The portion sizes were generous,the service was quick and we felt the prices were moderate but well worth it.It is a shame that this restaurant chain is only located thrurough Chaing Mai.We visited this restaurant three times in our five night stay.This restaurant is a must for those looking for that western food fix.

3  Thank Salisburyboys
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

My brother told me to come here and the pizza was good. Was a nice change from Thai food which I love but needed something different. Nice restaurant. Walkable from where I was. Prizes reasonable. Staff ok.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

It's been touch-and-go every time I've been here. I'd reviewed the fried chicken before, which is to die for. However, every time I'd had anything different I've left disappointed. This time I had the spinach lasagne, which was a large portion, but bland.
My main gripe, is that they used to be very generous with bread and salad before your main arrived. This time, I was served both, but my partner neither, which I think is strange to serve one person, and not the other. I broached this subject with the waitress who became quite defensive telling me my meal always came with it, but the other never did (it was also an Italian meal). There was nothing to indicate on the menu that only certain meals came with this.
It seems to have gone downhill over the last few years. From cold meals, to missing seasoning, to general lacking.
Very disappointing.

1  Thank H00chie_Mama
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I have eaten here many times before and the food and portion size was excellent making it very good value overall. Unfortunately many dishes have been removed from the menu (i.e the 129 baht burger and beef/pork pot roasts) and particularly the specials replaced with dishes that are obviously cheaper to produce and not such good value. Throughout the menu, prices have increased over last year which is evident in other places too but its sad to see many dishes removed including the excellent value burger that was previously available. I ordered the Porchetta dish on this occasion which included some bread and a small side salad. Compared with the Pork Porchetta pot roast available as of last year the dish was rather small and lacked flavor which left me disappointed. Pizzas have always been excellent and huge here however I did not order on this occasion. On the plus side, water is still served free of charge which is good to see.