“Western food”

The Duke's Ping River
Ranked #160 of 2,723 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 2005 David Anichowski opened the Duke’s the first American restaurant by the Ping River in Chiang Mai.David Anichowski loves to eat great food and have a good time with family and friends, it is slogan is “No claims…No Games…Just Great food” A lot of hard work has provided Great food, Great service and Great prices to the customer of the Duke’s The Duke’s sells a lot of fresh beef; we only use imported Australian meat for our steaks, and we buy a lot of products directly from Bangkok. All of our sauces, breads, soups, dressings and cakes are made fresh daily and we cook to order. The American-style food is served in a family-friendly atmosphere The Duke’s has 5 outlets in Chiang Mai and Lamphun, Ping River, Maya Shopping Mall, Night Bazaar, Promenade Mall and Jampha Mall in Lamphun.
Reviewed 10 July 2016

When you get Thaid out and just want western food then this is the place. There are at least 4 of these in Chiang Mai and I have been to 2 of them. For food, think American and the quantity that that brings. I had a Duke's burger (fortunately not the double) and it took a good effort on my part to finish it. If you want Thai - this is not the place for you,. For what it is, it is great.

1  Thank Brian C
Write a reviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Had a lovely meal at Dukes in the night Bazar.
Big menu and all the food looks delicious. Typical american menu with pizza, steaks,
Burgers. But many others also. The menu says it was started by a guy that loves to eat.
That I believe, so much choice. Would recomend Dukes to everyone.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Have been to Dukes several times, it is nice to find american/Italian menu amongst to us westerners is a sea of rice and spice. (Which I also enjoy immensely) My friend ordered the Pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon this was served with roasted and stir fried vegetables with a side mixed salad. There was enough for two! I ordered the double Dukes burger with bacon and cheese and fries. A single burger would have been ample. E ything cooked very well and very tasty, service quick and efficient all speaking good English. We has beer Chang with it and the bill was around 800baht. If you need a western meal then you won't go wrong at Dukes.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

This review refers to the north bazaar location only. Yes, I know this is not New York, but I was looking for something different to eat, and choose the Pastrami Rueben sandwich based on the photograph and description in the menu; looked delicious. WRONG choice, the actual sandwich contain no sauerkraut but a tiny portion (a few strips) of something (cabbage?) coated with what might have been mayonnaise; the menu makes mention of “1000” so presumably this means “1000 Islands” dressing. The TWO meat slices were fried and greasy. Again not represented by the photograph. The accompanying French fries were under cooked and limp. I should stick to Thai food.

3  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Very nice restaurant specializing in American eats!

Stopped by during the first night of our stay in CM for some pizza. The portions were huge and the pizza was tasty! Nachos and wings for appetizers were good as well. Went back 2 nights later for steak (we noticed sign up which stated all imported) which is a rarity in Thailand and wasn't disappointed. Gentleman we spoke to that night stated the steak comes from same provider as Outback worldwide and after the meal I believe it. Only recommendation for travelers is to order one or two steps above Western expectations. They definitely don't overcook (probably not to have the send back for over cooking as not to waste and the high cost of import steak). I like my steak med-rare but had to send back for a quick scorch after receiving RARE. That being said, the staff was more than happy to help and brought back a perfect steak! Would definitely recommend for someone Western traveling and wanting some comfort food!

Date of visit: June 2016