All reviews facing the main road chiang mai zoo very nice hotel old city doi
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at the Eastin Tan Hotel.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was really good. We had a chance to get our laundry cleaned at a very reasonable rate here as well. Air conditioning worked GREAT!

The amenities are very nice. Clean, comfortable rooms with plenty of space.
The only drawback we faced was that it is located just a tad too far to walk from the main area of Chiang Mai. That being said, it's nothing a TukTuk can't fix. We ended up finding a great driver for most of the vacation and he was available most of our trip.

I would stay here again : )

Room Tip: We really enjoyed our suite room. It had a living area and separate bedroom.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Visited Chiang Mai for the first time and stay at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location right across from a major shopping complex and for first time travels this is great as you have shopping, food, movies next to the hotel is also small restaurant and specialty shops ect at your finger tip. As for the hotel the front desks does not have anyone managing it until 7am and this can be a issue for early check out. Also for a newer hotel there were a number of things that went wrong the air conditioner had to be fixed twice, I lost most English Channel for 4 days and unsure why, the toilet became blocked twice.
As for the noise levels the shopping centre has music playing outside of the building quite loud, the pub next door had loud music at times, the plane taking off at the near by airport started at 6am and continued to take off till late in the night. Then came Songkran the Thai new year a celebration continues for 4 days and nights. The music vibrations could be felt in the walls and floor of the hotel and as this started around 11am party goers and music also continued through till the early morning. I have a attached a couple of photos showing how close planes are and Songkan celebration.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2mumies
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Is this place still open? We stayed there last year and enjoyed our time, but we tried to book it again in Early November of last year and it was no longer open. We heard it was a licensing issue. I hope it's reopened. It's a very new hotel with small but well kept rooms and a large buffet restaurant. We would happily stay there again when good to Chiang Mai.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Steve_Stuart
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I really liked this hotel. The welcome drink was great. I stayed in a premium room, thinking I might cook, but popping over to the Maya centre, there was an area where you could get a pad phai for about 80p!

The rooftop bar on the Maya centre was really enjoyable. We accidentally ordered the largest cocktail fishbowl and it was about the size of my 7 year old niece!

Back to the hotel, a great breakfast in the restaurant next door and the pool was ok, however no sunlight gets on it so it wasn't used by anyone as way too cold. I think it should've been put on the rooftop.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank andycardiff2087
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at the Eastin Tan Hotel as part of our trip around Thailand in January 2017. The hotel is modern with spacious rooms including balcony and kitchen and excellent facilities. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly advising on transport, areas and trips when we asked them.

I would definitely recommend this area for your visit. While the location is not right next to the main square you can reach these in 10mins in a tuk tuk for 150-200bht. The side streets opposite have a wide selection of bars and restaurants which included tourists and locals and there is a shopping centre about 10minutes walk away. You can also conveniently catch a songthaew (group taxi) to the zoo and Wat Phrase That DoiSuthep from outside the front.

The only thing I would note is that the accommodation we stayed in was at the front of the building near a busy, loud bar which is open quite late, for us this was fine but for those needing an early night we would suggest a room in the main building.

I'll be back again soon