Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
Easy and fast booking
Vio.com
AU$30
Fully refundable before Wed, 17 Apr
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Peaceful location away from the busy centre and delightfully furnished rooms. Only an overnight stay unfortunately as time restricted but would love to come and spend more time here. For a honeymoon or quiet getaway this is great. Beautiful setting, pool great, staff friendly and food fantastic. Cant ask for much more! Rooms have big soft bed with mosquitoe nets and nice bathroom, clean, safe in corner. Only unusual thing was we had a massage and the ladies came to our rooms to do this. It was excellent but we expected to go into a massage room so was a bit unsure of what it would be like but it was good. I would recommend for anyone to get away from the noise of town to stay here and will come back when I come to thialand again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Ayatana is a welcome sanctuary after the hectic Thai market and street scene. The room was beautiful and very relaxing. The body wash smelt delicious (apparently - I'm a guy so it's all the same to me! ;)), and we had no dramas with bugs or anything. The pool was great and nice to hear nature noises in the trees while swimming. The wifi was intermittent, but always worked in the reception area where they also have two computers available for use 24/7. Staff were always polite and helpful. Although Ayatana is a little out of town, it's only 150 baht tuk tuk ride (100 if you get local prices!) and there's a stack of street stalls at night about 5 min walk away which serve delicious (although sometimes unidentifiable) food. A great getaway!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. Lovely hotel, very helpful staff (always smiling ) and good food. Nice size room and bathroom.They even packed us our breakfast since we had an early morning flight. I would definitely stay here if I went back to Chiang Mai.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband and I had a great time at Ayatana, in June 2012 for 4 nights.
The kitchen is wonderful, better than other hotels we visited and the service was very nice!
Thanks a lot to the staff working there we enjoyed our stay very much.
The room was worth the price we paid for and was very clean and the space was wonderful.
Location was fine.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silvy S
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The rooms are undoubtedly beautiful at Ayatana. Toiletries were complimentary and replenished every day. Water, tea and coffee were available and also free. The room had modern comforts - air con, cable TV, refrigerator, landline telephone, security deposit box. Wifi was available during my first day and then went down for the remaining 4 nights I was there - bit of a bummer, but just meant going down to reception whenever I needed it. A free shuttle bus service is operated twice a day - morning service takes you to the city (very handy) and evening service heads to the Night Bazaar. Nice decent sized pool, I saw it being cleaned a few times while I was there and seemed clean when I used it.

On the not-so-good side of things, they do have a mosquito problem at the resort which they are upfront about when you get there. You are provided with a mosquito racket, mosquito repellant, mosquito net (around the bed) and a oil burner containing more repellant. However, I still gained around 50 bites during my stay there despite all these precautions and doubling up on my own deet spray. They do inform you not to keep windows and doors open (to prevent mosquitoes flying in), so it was disappointing to see one of the cleaning staff keeping rooms wide open while taking her break in the guest rooms (on more than two occasions). It's a small gripe, but still counter-productive. Another issue, if you have an aversion to/are squeamish at the sight of bugs, then this may not be a comfortable stay for you. There was a roach in my room on arrival and a few other bugs that had found their way in during my stay. Apparently, the problem with bugs/flies/mozzies is down to the water-orientated garden landscape The rainforest shower feature would have been a nice touch, if the one in my room worked properly. Even though Ayatana advertise themselves as a 'Spa Resort', the spa is still in the process of being built so was out of service during my time there.

Overall, the staff were polite and helpful - in particular Dao who was fantastic and even taught me some Thai AND Pinny, who was always helpful. If you don't mind a few bugs and don't have a huge allergic reaction to mosquito bites, then this is a nice, peaceful place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2012