“Just what I wanted for the price.”
other travellers have booked this property
STANDARD B (10th floor) - Dining Table STANDARD B (10th floor) - Dining Table
STANDARD B (10th floor) - Bistro
STANDARD B (10th floor) - Bistro
STANDARD B (10th floor) - Lobby
STANDARD B (10th floor) - Building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Ettianne...
“Just what I wanted for the price.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

I was happy with the accommodation for the price. It was a comfortable apartment. There are clubs nearby but they didn't bother me with doors and blinds closed at night. For me I have limited mobility so the distance to Chiang Mai made it more expensive. The Tuk Tuk driver's always try to rip you off. You shouldn't pay more than 100bt to go to Thapae or Chiang Mai gate. If you feel comfortable hire a motor scooter.
I'm also a female and I didn't go out much at night but I felt a bit wary as it is an area where there are many " karaoke bars" & "massage parlors".
I appreciated the fridge & cooking utensils. Used the kettle lots.
The ladies cleaned my room every couple of days & changed my linen possibly too much. It really isn't necessary for me to have pillowcases, sheets and doona cover changed every 2 or 3 days. I was so grateful for them getting a mattress topper for my bed. The first 2 nights I thought I was sleeping on a board. The added padding made it OK for me.
I enjoyed my breakfast at the cafe & for the price, included in the room I was happy. That is available 6 days out of 7. I equally would have been happy to get my own and perhaps pay less.
I used the laundry and found them good & the price was very reasonable. Though you need to give them a couple of days to turn around washing and ironing.
The room needs some maintenance. Like painting and attending to damp in the lounge wall and a bit of sprucing up.
The WiFi is an issue. I paid for the one advertised at the front desk for 2 weeks upfront. I didn't know there was another provider until after I had paid. It was painfully slow if I could connect.
The one thing I would have liked was hot water in the kitchen and the water to have been hot in the shower, it was just warm.
Overall my experience at the Galae Thing was a good one.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing