Lowest prices for your stay
AU$63
Phuket, Thailand
good location
Review of Roseate Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jan 2020
we stayed 2 nights . we love the location. nice and clean room. price is not to high ,if you wanna stay to close to the visit areas good location. easy to go everywhere , recommended. we are happy to stayed there.
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
Go to your Happy Price
    AU$46
3.7 km from Roseate Hotel
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
All reviews old town modern hotel stayed here for nights wifi gate hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2020 via mobile

I’m currently in the middle of a 11 night stay here at the Roseate Hotel. The staff working here from the front desk to the restaurant are 5 star quality, just wonderful. The issues lie in the hotel it self, the wifi is non existent, I speed test the wifi constant trying to find a signal and reconnecting every 30 minutes and that’s optimistic, maybe half that, just terrible, I complained but it is what it is! I have a room that faces the Main Street, it can be noisy during day and evening but quiets down in the latter part of the night. I’m a sound sleeper so I’m good but for someone who is not, get a interior room. My room is spacious, good balcony with a door leading out to it, clean and very nice, I would stay here again but only if the wifi is guaranteed to work constantly and at a higher speeds!
I would give this hotel a 3 star rating because of the wifi problems, that’s being nice.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2020

Everything that a great hotel has to offer and provide to their customers is found in Roseate Chiang Mai hotel. With excellent service, room, decor and most of all incredibly cheap price this beats a 5 star hotel anywhere else in the world. We decided to spend our New Year holiday in Chiang Mai and go there on a Sunday so we can experience the Sunday market in the Old city. The hotel is located at the Northern end of the city that boundaries Chang Puak gate and the North end markets. The canal tributary of Mae Ping river is also across the hotel. The hotel's location is great that were just 10 mins walk from the center of the old city so we have some quite and at the same visit the Old city anytime we want. The busy Sriphum Road also has many local buses, taxis and tuk tuks if you need to go to other parts of Chiang Mai. As a boutique hotel the decor is beautiful - a twist of Thai and Romantic theme with flowers and paintings all over the hotel. The color motif is Red and Pink. The lobby is wide and spacious. The check-in and check-out went out quite fast and easy. They also provide tour packages in their tour desk. Just before the entrance there are several coffee tables set-up if you would like to sit, relax and enjoy the cool weather Chiang Mai has to offer. The hotel has lift and stair despite its a low rise hotel which is a great feature. Our room is on the 2F and we have several access to it - at the back, stairs and lift. The room is very big and spacious. Clean, Homy, Quiet, Private and Cozy. They provide safety lock and slippers which not all hotel provide. Water and Coffee/Tea are complimentary. The wi-fi is very fast and the TV channels have both local and cable and plentiful. The Queen size bed is clean, comfortable and big. The toilet is equally big with shower and sink separately, they also have unlimited soap and shampoo dispensers. At the price of just 50 dollars per night we have free breakfast with it and I am very much amazed - it is a buffet!!! A combination of Thai and Western foods. The choices are fresh and delicious. It was a short brief 3 days stay in Chiang Mai but if I go back no question and doubt about it - I will be back at Roseate Hotel Chiang Mai wholeheartedly. Kapkunkap :=)

Room tip: Book a room with Mae Ping River and Chang Puak Gate view
Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. I won’t outright bag this place. For the price it’s great value. The location is perfect and all songtails know where it is. From the airport catch a cab or a songtail. It should cost no more than $150 baht.
You can get 1kg if washing done for $50 baht.
Negatives - the walls are paper thin. For a light sleeper like myself this was hell. Baby elephants were walking above our room and kids screaming next door. Then trying to sleep in the cleaning staff have walkie talkies set at a volume for the deaf which then comes through and under the hollow doors. The bathrooms have some mould in them.
The shower was very odd. To have warm temperate I turned the gauge to hot but could only turn the tap to a dribble. Any higher pressure resulted in a cold shower. Was pathetic. I complained to staff who showed me this method as the way to “resolve” it.
We had a faulty phone but staff didn’t seem to care. Just wiggle the cord I was advised.
The breakfast was same everyday and seriously terrible. Fried eggs always had that uncooked jelly on top. The best thing there was the yoghurt. TV in our room is ready to die and has fuzzy lines across the top of the screen.
The mattress protector on my bed kept coming off of the bed and rolling under my sheet causing a lumpy sleep.
My son spilled his iced coffee drink. To help clean up I used a towel. The next day I got a letter under the door saying if the towel could not be cleaned properly I would be footing the bill. When we checked out sure enough I had to pay $200 baht because the towel wasn’t 100%. Hmm white towels. An extra wash and I’m sure it’s back to new... it was coffee!
To have an additional key for the room for guest 2 (my son) was $200 baht, refundable on checkout. After the towel incident that refund didn’t happen.
Positives - cheap. Great location. Room was somewhat clean (we found a sprite bottle under our bed which we hadn’t taken into the room in the two weeks we were there!!) . Room cleaners however where lovely. Lady that arranged the tours in reception area was super lovely.

I certainly won’t stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank PriscillaF
Reviewed 17 September 2019 via mobile

The room itself was OK, and it was in an excellent location in Chiang Mai, however the bathroom absolutely stunk of sewage every evening.

And word or warning, don’t pay the extra for a room with a balcony. It did technically have a balcony, but you had to climb through a window to get to it after moving the table and chairs which were blocking the window from the inside and even then, the balcony was about 3 foot. It’s essentially an inaccessible window ledge. A complete scam

Date of stay: September 2019
3  Thank QuaverT
Reviewed 11 August 2019

Wonderful experience
Hospitality is amazing
Wonderful food Nd excellent housekeeping service I want to appreciate Leena Tushar and Naryan we will come back again I feel like home and come back again in future

Date of stay: August 2019