“Very average French food,”

Le Bistrot de Chiang Mai
Ranked #53 of 2,723 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: USD 3 - USD 96
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Le Bistrot is a typical French Bistrot Restaurant with a Steakhouse. You will find a large selection of home made Cold Cuts, Foie Gras, Charcuteries, Sausages, Saucissons, Pates, Rillettes & traditional French Salads. We are as well specialize import Beef from France, Argentina, Australia. Come & try our Signature dish : The Tomahawk.Pasta selection & vegetarian dishes are also available we have as well a selection of French wine & Wine by Glass
Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

Very average French food, not as many posters tend to claim the best. Steak was over cooked, house wine poor.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank 282robs
Write a reviewReviews (880)

Reviewed 19 December 2020

I was in Chiang Mai a couple of times in late November, and dined again twice at this superb restaurant. First with a few of the guys I was traveling with, and then with my partner and another couple. It lived up, of course, to my expectations as Olivier and Sao deliver just wonderful food, no matter what you order, and great laid-back but super-efficient service.

As I have said before, don't expect fancy decor; it's all about the food here and the ingredients, and the honest, authentic cooking from Olivier's kitchen. If I lived in Chiang Mai I would probably eat here every week and work my way through the menu (and the wine list) -- I have yet to be disappointed.

I've introduced several friends to Le Bistrot de Chiang Mai -- and they are all as addicted as I am!

My favourite place to eat in Chiang Mai, and in my view probably the best European dining in the city

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Howard B
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Le meilleur resto français de Chiang Mai / the best French restaurant in Chiang Mai!
Le Bistrot has a mouth-watering and diverse menu for both food and wine. Above all, quality is impeccable and Olivier's recommendations for the wine always spot-on, all at a very reasonable price.
In addition to all this, Olivier and Sao are great hosts, very nice and welcoming!
A highly recommended address: we actually have indulged again and again during our week in Chiang Mai... And looking forward to our next visit (in both Chiang Mai and Le Bistrot, definitely)!

Date of visit: September 2020
minas251, General Manager at Le Bistrot de Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Merci de votre review
Thx so much for the review
Looking forward to see you
Olivier & Sao

Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

i love it here. It is not cheap but of very high quality so is worth every baht.
Excellent food and wine and friendly staff.
The chefs wife is really very pretty!
Thankyou. Jonathan

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank Jonathan N
minas251, General Manager at Le Bistrot de Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2020

Hi Jonathan

Thx for the review
The Pretty owners :)

Reviewed 24 June 2020 via mobile

This gem tucked back on a side street just off the Night Bazaar lives up to its dazzling reviews. Friendly service with a warm, inviting and even romantic environment were my initial thoughts. I had a perfectly cooked, dry-aged Australian cut of ribeye that melted in my mouth. I’m grateful to have dined alone so that I could give attention to the flavor of each bite. Next time I’ll have try Olivier’s hand crafted cold cuts. Can’t wait for my next trip to Chiang Mai!

Date of visit: June 2020
minas251, Owner at Le Bistrot de Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2020

hi

Looking forward to see you again
Cheers