Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jodi M
Simi Valley, California

Great location/ uncomfortable beds

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Mar 2020
It was all about location, location, location. But I wish I’d had a more comfortable bed because I didn’t sleep well due to the bed being so hard. We did get massages almost every day which helped, but not from their spa, so I can’t recommend. We did walk everywhere from the hotel, to restaurants, to spas, to temples and the not to be missed Sunday night market in old town.
Date of stay: March 2020
Room Tip: We had a quiet room overlooking the pool. Nothing special but quiet.
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
2.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 8 Mar 2020
Dear Sir

Thank you for your comment . and I would like to apologize about the hard bed and make you are
not comfotable during staying with us . Let me check and change the hard bed
I hpoe in the future .I would like to service you again
Best regards
  • Expedia.com
    AU$514
6.6 km from Amora Tapae Hotel Chiangmai
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

I was with a tour group staying here for 3 nights and found the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms maybe a little tired but the hotel in general was very good and a great location to have a walk, there was plenty to choose from at breakfast although not keen on the sliced ham in hot water (most of the hotels had this though)

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dmitch2050
weeradet l, General Manager at Amora Tapae Hotel Chiangmai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2020

Dear sir
On behelf of the hotel .we very happy . that you have good comment for the hotel . specially tyhe helpfull of the staff . and your suggestion about the sliced of ham in hot water . Let us adjust about this case
Best regards
Management

Reviewed 25 January 2020 via mobile

Except the good position in town, this hotel is a nightmare!
It's dirty, the bed and pillows și inconfortabile that we couldn't sleep at all! The windows and walls not isolated that we could hear the noise of the street and the lady from the next door snoring, singing, showering...everithing. Do not come here!😱

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank tibua
weeradet l, General Manager at Amora Tapae Hotel Chiangmai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Dear sir .
Thank you that you interested in our hotel . i would like to apoligize to make you inconvenience during staying with us . i will try to improve every your comment and our service
best regards
management

Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

Excellent location; but seemed slightly high priced and as others have said, it’s not quite a 4 star. They could not provide an iron for me and simply suggested that we use their dry cleaning service which didn’t help in our first night.

Room was lovely, nice view, clean and good size. The only issue I had was that the safe was not bolted down and therefore someone could take the entire safe very easily as it only weighed about 10kg.

The bath was slightly small but functional. Gym was tiny but not busy at all. The pool gets shade in the afternoon, the water was too cold for us to swim but we relaxed and had a cocktail. The pool service was excellent.

The breakfast was spot on, good for Thai and westerners. Very enjoyable and peaceful no large groups, mainly couples and families.

We walked to most places including the night bazaar which was a 15min walk.

Couldn’t fault the location at all! There was a red taxi at the front every morning so when we wanted to visit the Doi Sethep temple, it easy. 600baht for two and they waited for us.

Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank JonHunter8
Reviewed 7 January 2020

This really didn’t seem like a four star hotel mentioned, but it was central to a lot of places like the market which was 15 min ride by public bus and walkable distance to the famous wall in the area. I didn’t think there was great food to try near the hotel, but they do have a few 7/11 and a Starbucks. The hotel did offer free breakfast for our stay and I felt like the food catered to a lot of Chinese tourist.

The rooms were decent size and I thought it was pretty quite. The bed wasn’t the greatest. It felt like layers of thin mattress, but surprising I still slept well. There was a safe in the room and the bathroom was big. It was easy to catch a public bus which cost about 30bahts (1usd) to go the market, but make sure you bring a business card because drivers find it hard to comprehend the hotel name. I thought the view from my room was beautiful. I was able to see the city and the mountains.

The gym was super tiny. There was about 4 machine and the pool area wasn’t the greatest spot to hang and go for a dip. Water was very deep (I’m 5’2 and I can’t touch the ground) and cold if you go in December.

Not sure if this happens often, but check in was much later then I thought. Although I left my luggage there, it would have been nice to get to my room first. Overall the price is good, but it definitely was not a 4 star hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Sylvia L
Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay here in Chiang Mai on our honeymoon. With the 4 star rating and decent price, we decided to go for it. However, the hotel was filthy. The lobby was super dusty with hair, dead bugs, and debris. The women’s restroom in the lobby had 2 stalls that were clogged with poop. Once we got to our room, we found a hair on our toilet and dust and dead bugs throughout the entire room. We only stayed one night because it was too late to change to another hotel. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Date of stay: December 2019