All reviews tapae gate princess suite night market small gym egg station rooms are comfortable old town bottled water moat laundry doorman kilo
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Good location in heart of Chiang Mai. Walking distance to Sunday night market and restaurant. Comfortable bed and good breakfast. Spacious room. A bit run down but overall is a good relaxing stay. Friendly staff.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I have booked 2 x 1 suit bedrooms there expecting a good clean room for myself and one of my staff.
Totally opposite of this room is shabby threadbare carpets stained furniture could not find one price of furniture that is not stained.
Bed and pillows terrible . Electrics well hard to say what was going on there works on somethings then not on others then nothing . Joke really . Pool area a shambles and dirty. Breakfast rubbish . Only good thing is location .
Rating 4.5 star but only about 2 I would say this hotel needs pulling down and a total rebuild

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 112jamesr
Reviewed 13 January 2017

This hotel hasn't got good reviews on Trip Advisor but we decided to stay anyway as we got a good rate from our agent. Thank goodness our Bangkok and Krabi hotels were gorgeous as this one was not. Nice foyer. Rooms are okay but they tried to charge us extra for a push-up bed (we have 3 kids) and really put up a fight. I dug my heels in and they put the extra bed in and didn't charge us. But really, the twin room had 2 singles - maybe it was our agent's fault but I was less than impressed by their handling of it. Breakfast was very average. The pool area was terrible. Sun loungers left out without cushions, which were housed in a storage area and covered with tiny ants! Gross. The bar and beauty staff so helpful and tried to get a cushion out for me and my kids loungers, but I felt so sorry for them, told them not to worry. If we had our time again, would stay closer to the night market probably. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I stayed at the Amora over christmas and had a very nice room on the 5th floor which was cleaned every day to a good standard. Unfortunately the internet kept going down so I had to go down to the lobby to inform the reception and to be able to pick up my emails etc. Reception staff have very poor english and did not understand very much. The pool area was nice but unfortunately the sun went behind the building from 12 noon so you could only sit there for a couple of hours to catch the sun. I had to go across to another hotel to use their pool and facilities. A lot of choice for breakfast but not for an english breakfast so I mainly eat salads each morning. The chef would cook you bacon and do an omelette if you asked but mainly it was rice, noodles and other chinese/japanese foods. The hotel appears to cater for the Chinese/Japanese with not so many westerners and they have their functions rooms for meetings etc. Overall I did enjoy my stay at the hotel but would have preferred to be able to sit around the pool and chill out with the sun shining instead of being in the shade. Location was brilliant with tuk tuks and taxis's available outside the hotel and the hotel was so close to tapae gate and walking street.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Very conveniently located near opposite the night markets and Tapae gate. Within walking distance to many restaurants and amenities. Rooms were big. Clean toilet. There is also a pool. Overall a decent place to stay for the convenient location.

Trip type: Travelled with friends