All reviews tapae gate princess suite night market small gym egg station rooms are comfortable old town bottled water moat laundry doorman kilo
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Great value for money and great location. Rooms were recently re decorated and very comfortable. Pool is small and breakfast leaves a little to be desired but found that all over Thailand. Good hotel for visiting this city.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Large, modern hotel in an ideal location in which to explore Chiang Mai. Hotel has a beautiful spa, simple gym and pool (although the pool was in the shade from about 11am which was a shame if you want to chill after a morning activity). The hotel offered an opportunity to book excursion in the hotel lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I didn't expect a 5-star hotel, but $500 for 5 nights, they should have better facilities ready for the high season. First, the safe box doesn't work. I called several times and talked to the front desk. Every time the answer was the same, that they would have someone come and fix it. This someone never came. I was seriously concerned about hiding my valuables. Second, the gym equipments were so old and malfunctioned that I worried that it might hurt people. The buttons on treadmill were half lost, although it could run.

I was pleased by their service. They cleaned my room swiftly when I worked out or went for a massage. Their spa was well furnished and I had a great professional massage here.

Overall, my stay was not bad. I wish they could upgrade the facilities in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Hotel with large restaurant is located on the the East side of the moat within walking distance of many sights, conveniences, coffee shops and eateries. Omelet maker was a gem. Many choices in their breakfast buffet for our group

Room tip: REquest away from the main road
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank aladdin_mp
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

As per all the other reviews I am in agreement.

Pros - Location, Price

Im gonna focus on these 2. I paid less than 2500bht per night which is not bad value for the season and central CM.
Step out and you are within walking distance of most things.

But inside, rooms are outdated and need refurbishment. Toilet had continually running water sound, aircon sounded like the Sons of Anarchy were parked in it, impossibly noisy and uncontrollable.
Bed was ok.
100bht for a room service bottle of water is ridiculous though. Especially at 10 bht a bottle anywhere else.
Staff were ok, not great. Have you noticed.. No one smiles in Thailand anymore.. Its a real shame.
I didn't even attempt breakfast in the hotel, far too many nice places to discover on Trip Advisor for breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2016