Hotels.com
StayForLong
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2012

What a wonderful place ! The rooms are big and clean. The design of the hotel is nice, and the breakfast area is really nice (especially with the music of Martini in the morning !! my boyfriend and I can't stop listening to this music since we returned from Thailand !). Breakfast is amazing, I really felt like I was eating good food, well prepared (yogurt and granola, wow !) The girls that run the hotel are the best, so helpful and kind. They even remember what you like for breakfast ! I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Close to everything in the old city, near the Sunday Market. Don't hesitate, book !

1  Thank Karine P
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have been to Chiangmai thailand with my friends for some days. I do not care a lot as usual, so, one of my friends help me to book a room from early bird. The first impression is very nice when we just arrive there because they always smile. the rooms are clean and they serve some delicious breakfast. The most important thing is their serve is the best I have ever seen before. I i can not use any words to describe it. It is just great, perfect, excellent. If u want to go to Chiangmai, early bird is a good choice. By the way, it is closed to the Sunday market.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I've just returned from a 3 nights stay at Early Bird Bed & Breakfast!
This is my 2nd trip to Chiangmai & this time I would like to stay in the old town near the walking streets so that I need not walk too far back to my accommodation after I'm done.

Location:
A 15min walk to the Saturday walking street & just a few seconds walk to the side branch of the Sunday walking street!
It is also in the middle of the old town, with small shops & cafes scattered in the vicinity.
Get lost in the area & explore!

Cleanliness:
Very clean!!

Food:
As mentioned by a previous reviewer, breakfast here has indeed exceeded expectations!
You can choose between Thai & Western breakfast, and complimentary fruit is always served e.g. watermelon or mango!
Bananas are complimentary throughout the day in a basket by the fridge.

Breakfast is served from 8am onwards & if you need to leave earlier due to tours, they'll pack a yummy sandwich for you with a bottle of coconut juice!

Do note that lunch & dinner cannot be served as there is no in house cafe but no worries as there is a cafe at 3 sis inn just beside early bird.

Tours:
I booked a 1 day chiang rai trip via early bird.
Pick up was prompt, programme was good, and the lunch served was really yummy!
The tour was also value for money at THB1000.

For elephant tours I would highlight recommend Elephant Nature Park (www.elephantnaturepark,org).
This is an elephant sanctuary for injured, old elephants and all proceeds go to fund this privately funded organisation.

Service:
Whan, New & Gig were fabulous during our stay!
Very friendly & always smiling. They were also very helpful to accommodate my mum's vegetarian meal requests :)

All in all, highly recommended as it's very value for money!
Excellent location!

Room tip: Room 1 at the 1st floor is a twin room, spacious & big! Request to look around to decide which rooms you want, the girls will accommodate if they can ;)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank hamster03
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I recently booked this b&b online and didn't really know what to expect. Early Bird Bed and Breakfast exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect with it being in the center of the old town. Great for the Sunday Market and visiting all the temples. From the second we arrived the young ladies were the most friendly we have met in Thailand. They were very personable without being pushy. Always making sure that our stay was comfortable and answering any questions we had (they spoke good english) It's always nice to be greeted by smiles. The rooms were very clean, tidy, and well decorated! I love the style of this place! It offered free wifi and air conditioning in all the rooms. You are given a nice selection for breakfast and could choose your time- I had yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. My husband enjoyed the main thai breakfast as well as traditional american breakfast. The small efforts left a lasting impression. From offering to send our postcards for us, affordable laundry service, heaps of dvds to choose from, candy treats. We ended up staying a few more nights then we intended to due to their hospitality and beautiful space. Overall if you are in Chiang Mai and want a quiet, peaceful, and well located hotel with incredible hosts stay at the Early Bird.

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank Kristi P
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Rarely have I encountered a place on my travels that I wished I could move in. The Early Bird B&B was one such place! I stayed only 2 nights but wished I could have stayed a year. Recently opened by Gig and Fah, two friendly young women from Chiang Mai, the Early Bird is a great value in the heart of the Old City.

We stayed in two different rooms during our stay and both were excellent: huge bathrooms with new fixtures, comfortable mattresses, flat screen TV's, and thoughtful touches (like shampoo/conditioner/bath gel, hair dryers, drinking water, safes, strong AC, etc). The wifi throughout the building was great too. And, wow, the decor was gorgeous! Whoever did the interior design has a real eye for style. Finally, other people already mentioned the huge and delicious breakfasts which were so good!

The owner Gig helped us to navigate the city, recommended places to eat, and even drew maps of how to find certain hard-to-locate places. She and her team are doing a truly excellent job and we strongly recommend this place to anyone looking to visit Chiang Mai.

Lastly, the Early Bird is located right next door to the Thai Orchid Cooking School and Wat Chedi Luang - two places you should definitely check out while visiting the city.

Date of stay: May 2012