Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tracey2402
Albury, Australia

Peaceful haven in great location of Chiang Mai

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Feb 2013
We stayed at Seven Senses Guest House for 5 nights in February. It is located just outside the 4 walls of the old city, so more peaceful than being in the centre, yet only a short walk, motorbike or tuk tuk ride away. The staff were absolutely wonderful. Great service with a smile, and very helpful in helping us book tours and decide what to do in Chiang Mai. Nothing was too much trouble. 'Nong' (not sure if I've spelt his name correctly) was amazing. His breakfasts and evening meals were consistently outstanding. On our day of departure we had to leave at 0630, and he even made sure we didn't miss out on breakfast by providing us with a boxed up egg sandwich, fruit and water. We loved out stay here, and would definitely stay again. The room with the outdoor bathroom was gorgeous.
Date of stay: February 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$387
    AU$456
5.6 km from Bee Friend Boutique Guesthouse
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Stayed around 7 nights in this lovely place, situated near the city but located in a quiet area, The first night we were upgraded to a suite room as well as our last 2 nights therefore we had the opportunity to see 3 different rooms and they were all different and uniquely decorated. We found all of them spacious, clean and with lare bathrooms very. The food and drink is very friendly on your budget and tastes good too. Menu highlight the fish in sweet and sour sauce. We were also given the option of selecting beforenight the breakfast which is a plus as there is some variety to choose from. What striked us most however, is the politeness of the staff, and the owner in particular. From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed and after we were introduced, we were given a map of the area and information of where to go and what to see. Few days later, we decided to extend our stay but the guest house was fully booked so the owner kindly offer to help us finding another hotel for 2 nights. She was so kind as to drive us to the new hotel! During our stay in Chiang Mai we booked 3 tours via the sevensenses and have to say the visit to the elephant camp was an unforgetable experience. Overall sevensenses guest house exceeded our expectations.Good location, very friendly people, good food and great service. We highly recommend it.

Room tip: Rattanakosin Suite Room is very comfortable with nice traditional 4 pole bed. Manorah Suite Room has Jacuzzi.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank flamingos_manager
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Our stay at Seven Senses was very pleasurable. The guesthouse staff were very friendly and kind. The room was just perfect for our needs. We liked the bathroom which had an ‘outdoor’ feeling as the upper area was slightly open with bamboo/plants hiding you from the outside world. You could stand directly under the flat-panel overhead shower which was pretty neat too. We were very grateful for the mosquito net in the room as it prevented us from being bitten. The only slightly negative thing that I can say is that the sliding door to our room was very thin and so you could hear what was going on in the lobby outside. Although we did tours for most of the time we were in Chiang Mai we were very close to the old city and just a short red taxi ride to the Warorot Market and Chiang Mai Night Bazaar. I would highly recommend Seven Senses because it is safe, affordable and in close proximity to everything that you want to see and experience in Chiang Mai.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peppermint_13
Reviewed 11 November 2012

What a wonderful stay we had here! Munee and her team know how to get it just right. My husband, two year old son and I have just returned from three nights here and loved the warmth that wrapped us up from the moment we arrived. The attention to detail and the personalised service were exceptional.

We stayed in the Ayuthaya room, which was really good for a young family, being on the ground floor with a lovely little courtyard. The room was well worth the money we paid, decorated in simple, rustic style. The rest of the house is charming too, from the relaxed little cafe in front to the roosters that crow next door (I must admit they did wake me on my first morning, but after that they sort of blended into the background and even added to the atmosphere). Munee and her team couldn't have been more accommodating, suggesting itineraries, arranging transport and making sure we had everything we needed. We felt as if we were staying with friends (but friends who know when to allow you your privacy too!).

The guest house is set a little out of town but because there are songtaos parked across the road it's easy to get around. One evening, Munee's daughter even accompanied us across the road to help us hail a tuk tuk at local prices. Munee also arranged a trip to a village specialising in local home decor as we were looking for a specific item, told us about the library around the corner where our little boy could play and thoughtfully gave us a little card with the guest house's contact details to pop in our boy's pocket whenever we were going out and about.

Attention to detail, warmth and pure and simple kindness like this are rare - and make a lasting impression!

Room tip: Bring insect repellent as we found there quite a few mosquitos around the local area. And visit Pun Pun, an excellent vegetarian cafe around the corner - amazing Thai dishes and fresh juices.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I lived in this lovely B&B for 3 nights from October 28th 2012 till October 31st 2012. It was very cozy and comfortable. Mrs. Munee Vivuttanachang was very helpful and friendly. She was the owner, designer and manager of SSGH(Seven Senses Guest House). She provided me with lots of useful information and guidance about Chiang Mai. The room was clean, thanks to Ann and other friendly staff. The food was delicious. There were many different feathered Thai food on their menu. Mrs. Munee Vivuttanachang recommended different northern Thai food for my breakfast so that I had never had the same food during my stay. I stayed in room Pai. It was not big but quite clean and cozy for sole travellers like me. There was even a safe box in the room so that I could keep my passport and other important stuff in a safe place. There was a small but beautiful Thai garden next to the dinning room.

SSHG was just 15 minutes walk to the famouse temple "Wat Phra Singh" which was located in the old city. If you want to bike around the city, Mrs. Munee Vivuttanachang would be happy to lend you her bike for free. Wifi internet is available for free 24/7. I could sat on the patio of the mini-garden for a whole day, just enjoying coffee, surfing internet and relax. Mrs Munee Vivuttanachang helped me to book all my excursions in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai so I didn't have to worry about my trip plan in Chiang Mai.

SSGH was only 20 minutes away by taxi from Chiang Mai International Airport and costed 120-150 Baht,Please be aware that not many taxi driver knows Seven Senses Guest House. It was close to YMCA. Just tell the taxi driver you want to go the the intersection of "SERMSUK ROAD" + "HASSADHISAWEE ROAD" near YMCA hotel. It was just 30 seconds walk from the intersection. Don't just tell them YMCA because they will drive you to YMCA hotel. There is still 5-8 minutes walk between YMCA and SSGH there are a few turns that took me a while to find SSGH after the driver dropped me off at YMCA hotel.

All in all, it was a quite, comfortable, beautiful and friendly place to stay in Chiang Mai. If you want experience true northern Thai hospitality and stay in a place where is like home away from home, SSGH is the place for you. Unlike those luxury resorts where I stayed in southern Thailand, what I experienced here was true friendliness and hospiitality of ordinary Thai people.

Thank you Munee and all your staff! I will come back for my next Chiang Mai visit!

Room tip: All rooms are good!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jacknfs
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

I had a very pleasant experience here, based on the following:

Accommodation - very stylish decoration but at the same time very welcoming. Rooms with good shower, air conditioning, very good Wi-Fi connection inside the room, locker, cable tv with international channels and comfortable bed. Above all it was very clean.

Service - the all the staff is really polite and helpful. The owner is usually around and willing to help. Lewis who is part of the staff did an incredible job, he also posted the to me personal belongings I had left behind.

Location - the hotel is located at walking distance from the street market and because of its location you are the last to be picked up for the tours and the first to back, so you don't need to spend hours just waiting for people at other hotels.

Food - the restaurant food is really good. Breakfast is also really good with several western options.

If I had to say something negative it would be that there could be mosquitos in the bedroom. But don't let this poor put you off, because you can easily get rid of them in a minute. Furthermore the bed has a mosquito net you can use.

I sincerely recommend this place.

Date of stay: October 2012