“OMG quality Rack of Lamb!!”

Pern's Mediterranean Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #284 of 2,632 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A friendly small restaurant with great food and good value. Live music on Wednesdays and Sundays and Half price House Wine on Wednesdays!
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Had the Wednesday special tonight; Rack of Lamb with house red wine. To die for!! And.... the service was outstanding, as usual. What an enjoyable Chiang Mai evening out with the wife :-)

1  Thank iamtootsie

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We went on Wednesday, which is half price wine day. The place was spotless and the service was on par with any 4 star in the US. They had a half a chicken with potatoes and veg on special. We had a Garlic mushroom and garlic bread app, one chicken special, a Dory with lemon dill caper sauce (which was wonderful) with 1/2 liter of house red and two large beers. Everything was excellent and our bill was only $1,165 TB or $34 USD. Now remember it the was half price wine day and we ordered one special but still a bargain. The star of the meal was the Dill Caper Sauce. All farang customers and English is spoken fluently. Highly recommend a try.

2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Besides excellent food and a friendly staff, I feel like I'm visiting family. I'm an American and my wife is Thai. I have no idea what she cooks nor can I eat it. At Pern's we find common ground. We now eat there twice a week. On occasion I use my credit card. ...no problem.

1  Thank AJP561
Reviewed 31 March 2016

We had the only table with people tonight so they were not busy and apparently decided it would be a good time to paint the kitchen walls. So one of the "chefs" was slopping paint all over the walls and pipes and who knows where else. WHILE they were supposedly preparing their 299ThB tonights' Special for me. I asked "Are you really painting the kitchen NOW?" I tried to sit down and wait for my meal but couldn't do it watching the chef/painter slappin' the paint up. Wouldn't have been able to eat. Left 40 baht for bottle of water. Felt safer going to Kad Suan Keaw for street food. Probably my unreal expectations but at those prices I'll stay away.

Brian P, Owner at Pern's Mediterranean Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

You were told we were closing early and it was the last night before closing for one month for redecoration
I also apologised for the smell of paint. The kitchen wasn't being painted but the washing up area was and it wasn't the chef painting. We don't charge 40 baht for water we charge 25B . Your colleague stayed and enjoyed his meal.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We have been coming to Chiang Mai for years and have eaten at Pern's for years. Brian, the owner continues to make changes so that annually something is different and that is always a pleasant surprise. He looks after and takes care of his customers with a smile, hand shake, and always a bit of attention. He is great. All the food is excellent, at least of the dishes and tapas we have had. Never disappointed. The burger is one of the best burger's in Chiang Mai. Soooo tasty. Our son-in-law rates burgers, pizza, and perhaps other items of food but I'm not sure. When he was in Chiang Mai last year he said Pern's burger was in the top 5 burgers he had ever eaten. That is high praise! Everyone is friendly and nice. Mickey is probably the best waitress we have ever seen in any country! Prices are a little higher than the food court soup bowls but worth every baht! You can't lose.