“Don't eat unless...”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped by two nights ago and asked for We. A worker said We had moved to Denmark, with her BF/husband and had been there the past 5-months.

I asked who the current chef was, and was pointed to a woman with a RBF, okay. I asked if the menu was the same, and if she knew how to make We's famous fish cakes with crispy friend basil on top.

"Yes," she answered.

Long story short, "No."

The server brought out some complete rubbish, not from scratch like We would make. I sent it back terribly disappointed.

THE BOTTOM LINE

If you go, ask for We. If We is not working, go somewhere else.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I went here because of the great reviews but it seems they are all a bit outdated. It seems this place changed hands not to long ago and the quality is gone. I came for lunch and there was one other table in the restaurant. I was greeted reluctantly by the lazy waitress who was not interested in working. Ordered Pad Thai with chicken. The portion was large but the flavors were terrible. It had almost zero chicken. They added cauliflower and carrots but left out the green onion and dried shrimp. Far from an authentic pad thai. It is more like a cheap Chinese version of the dish. Worst part of the entire experience is that shrimp Pad Thai is advertised at 80 baht. They actually had the nerve to charge me 20 extra baht for chicken. Every other restaurant in Thailand charges 10-20 baht less for chicken. This is even more absurd because there wasn't even 30g of chicken in the dish. A ridiculous disappointment and an embarrassment to local Thai cuisine. Do not waste your time.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Electrolime
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I believe this restaurant has changed hands.

Several years ago I ate here and had one of the best meals of my time in Thailand. So much so that I returned several times and was eager to come back the next time I set foot in country.

I did so recently. It was lousy. The food was bland and tasteless. My curry was not served as a soup. It was just a sauce poured over a pile of diced vegetables, none of which had anything to do with the specific dish I ordered. It had little flavor and no spice, nor did my wife's noodle dish. We both forgot to specify that we wanted chicken (our fault), but instead of asking what we would like the waitress just included diced tofu. Bad enough to get hunks of gelatinized soy when you expect a piping hot bowl of chicken curry (again, we forgot to mention, she forgot to ask), but the tofu we got more closely resembled cottage cheese than anything else.

The old rich curries are gone, replaced by something without flavor. The inventive noodle dishes are now listless and disappointing. Previously, the owner prided herself on serving food with brown rice for the added flavor. Now they serve white rice, and you have to ask for it. The old menu, hand written and dedicated to creative and artful Thai food, now features the usual claptrap of western breakfasts and spaghetti bolognese.

I got to know the owner a little bit several years ago while taking one of her cooking classes and didn't see her around anywhere. I could be wrong, but it feels like she may have sold her restaurant to someone else. Certainly what now operates as "We's" is nothing like the original.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Emreed48109
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We’s restaurants we are family
So good and happy.
Thai food very good
Small place but service so nice
Thanks for take care me

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

It wasn’t awful - but nothing near the accolades it has received. My guess is owner changed. My green curry had exactly one type of vegetable in, and was fairly plain. Edible, I was full in the end, but something I could have had also in Germany or HK.

Date of visit: April 2018