“Awesome day”

X-Biking Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in stunning scenery, the bike trails in the mountains around Chiang Mai are single track heaven and X-Biking Chiang Mai knows them better than anyone. We'll have you grinning ear to ear as we drive you up to the very top of Doi Pui (1650 m) and bike with you all the way down to the bottom via natural trails with plenty of rocks, roots, ruts in between stretches of smooth and fast single track. Trails are carefully selected by our experienced guides to match riders' skill levels.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Had a great time riding with Harry and the team at X-biking. Was just like doing shuttles with friends, everyone was so friendly. The tracks were great too, having ridden quite a lot of downhill there was plenty here to keep me on my toes! Great mix of terrain and a good riding pace. Brought my own bike which meant I got a discount off the price of the trip. Thanks guys... If I'm ever in Chiang Mai again I'll definitely be back!

Visited January 2017
1 Thank Joanna P

• Hebrew first
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Disorganized, unfriendly, lacking equipment ”
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

The x-biking guys were very disorganized and unfriendly. First, they didn't reply to my emails and their phone didn't work. We even dropped by their "office" several times over a couple days to try to catch up with them, but it looked simply like a gated off house and no one was around.

When we finally got in touch by text my husband had to ask them 3 times if they had helmets to fit us. After the 3rd time, they promised yes, XS and XL. They showed up the next the morning (20 min late), said they had a choice of 4 helmets for us, all falling apart and disgustingly stinky with other people's sweat, and all size M or L. They got annoyed when we wanted to try them on before getting in their truck, and started asking for our payment before we tried the gear on to make sure it fit. Good thing we did. Nothing fit. Couldn't ride with no helmet, and by then, didn't want to, because they were really unfriendly and made us feel unwelcome. Said goodbye and let them drive away.

Visited December 2016
2 Thank JoLeila
Seoul, South Korea
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Disorganized”
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

I've bikes for a long time, and hung out with lots of riders in lots of scenes. I know a crew of riders in Korea called the filthy freeriders who think of themselves as dirtbags with an attitude problem. Many of these guys have opened businesses because they want to ride, and they need to make money. They really don't care if the people they do business with have a great time or not, as long as they have fun. This is the kind of outfit x-biking seems to be.

We were thinking of going with their competitors, Trailhead as well, as they seemed professional, but since we had confirmed with x-biking, we decided not to be rude, and kept our obligation. However, x-biking did not keep their obligations.

I contacted them the day before to make sure they had the right equipment for us, bikes, helmets (xs and xl), and gloves. They told me they did, but on the day of the ride they showed up with 4 large helmets. My wife's head was swimming in it, and I could barely jam my head in.

Now I know that we have unusual sized heads, which is why I verified first. I just wished that they had taken the time to verify, or to ask us to drop by their office to confirm.

The real kicker is I had to insist that we try the helmets first, and the tour guide seemed irritated by my request. He also asked for money before we tried the helmets. So, if we had followed their advice, we would have paid a lot of money and wasted a day on the mountain without being able to ride!

Get your act together boys! Time to pull on your big boy pants.

Visited December 2016
2 Thank NomadicBiker
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A few let downs”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

This was great with a few exceptions, the trails were great I did number three trail and and had Pom as a guide he was quite experienced and new the trails. The area is a great place to ride, lots to see along the way. Was quite a long slog after a holiday of food and beer, seemed like not to much uphill, like 20% Over about 30 kms. As an experienced rider the big let down was the equipment, originally I was going to ride trail 4 but after choosing a helmet I decided against it as they all had huge impacts with all the foam and internals falling apart, so I decided for some XC. The bikes are very old and unmaintained, most of the forks are non-existent and the pedals belong on kids bikes. Was a bit of a let down. This is why I dropped 2 stars. Don't cater for experienced riders!

Visited November 2016
1 Thank Eweybanger
“Good times”
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for the real deal downhill experience riding mostly single track, these are your guys. They have the right equipment for the job and know the trails well. Know your limit and don't push yourself if you're not comfortable. Thanks Neua and gang for two awesome days of riding!

Visited July 2016