“Disorganized”

X-Biking Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in stunning scenery, the bike trails in the mountains around Chiang Mai are single track heaven and X-Biking Chiang Mai knows them better than anyone. We'll have you grinning ear to ear as we drive you up to the very top of Doi Pui (1650 m) and bike with you all the way down to the bottom via natural trails with plenty of rocks, roots, ruts in between stretches of smooth and fast single track. Trails are carefully selected by our experienced guides to match riders' skill levels.
Seoul, South Korea
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Disorganized”
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

I've bikes for a long time, and hung out with lots of riders in lots of scenes. I know a crew of riders in Korea called the filthy freeriders who think of themselves as dirtbags with an attitude problem. Many of these guys have opened businesses because they want to ride, and they need to make money. They really don't care if the people they do business with have a great time or not, as long as they have fun. This is the kind of outfit x-biking seems to be.

We were thinking of going with their competitors, Trailhead as well, as they seemed professional, but since we had confirmed with x-biking, we decided not to be rude, and kept our obligation. However, x-biking did not keep their obligations.

I contacted them the day before to make sure they had the right equipment for us, bikes, helmets (xs and xl), and gloves. They told me they did, but on the day of the ride they showed up with 4 large helmets. My wife's head was swimming in it, and I could barely jam my head in.

Now I know that we have unusual sized heads, which is why I verified first. I just wished that they had taken the time to verify, or to ask us to drop by their office to confirm.

The real kicker is I had to insist that we try the helmets first, and the tour guide seemed irritated by my request. He also asked for money before we tried the helmets. So, if we had followed their advice, we would have paid a lot of money and wasted a day on the mountain without being able to ride!

Get your act together boys! Time to pull on your big boy pants.

Visited December 2016
2 Thank NomadicBiker

• Hebrew first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A few let downs”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

This was great with a few exceptions, the trails were great I did number three trail and and had Pom as a guide he was quite experienced and new the trails. The area is a great place to ride, lots to see along the way. Was quite a long slog after a holiday of food and beer, seemed like not to much uphill, like 20% Over about 30 kms. As an experienced rider the big let down was the equipment, originally I was going to ride trail 4 but after choosing a helmet I decided against it as they all had huge impacts with all the foam and internals falling apart, so I decided for some XC. The bikes are very old and unmaintained, most of the forks are non-existent and the pedals belong on kids bikes. Was a bit of a let down. This is why I dropped 2 stars. Don't cater for experienced riders!

Visited November 2016
1 Thank Eweybanger
“Good times”
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for the real deal downhill experience riding mostly single track, these are your guys. They have the right equipment for the job and know the trails well. Know your limit and don't push yourself if you're not comfortable. Thanks Neua and gang for two awesome days of riding!

Visited July 2016
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Only attempt if you've got skills or balls (like big ones)”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

My brother and I (25 and 19) both signed up for the full day tour. Booking was super easy as the guide used whatsapp to communicate which was brilliant than bad Thai/English over the phone. They picked us up from the hostel and drove us straight up the mountain with the bikes all ready to go on a trailer. (They even switched the brakes over for us English the night before.)

Both of us are experienced mountain bikers but even the easy trail was a whole new level. It's fast, technical and only gets harder as the day goes on. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a nice cruise, it's full on and intense.

The guides were great! Noah was an inspirational rider as well as a massive dude, and it was apparent he loved being there.

All in all an awesome day out for people after some intense exercise, or experienced downhill riders.

Visited May 2016
2 Thank Tom L
West Drayton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best thing I've done, but not for people looking for a cruising trail!”
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I chose the full day expert downhill experience. I'm a decent mountain biker, have done a few trails but this expert downhill was on a different level. The downhill descents are pretty brutal at times! Some really technical parts where you are cycling over pure rocks, sometimes it levels out and you can get some decent speed.The staff were amazing, and so was the bikes and equipment (full face helmet, elbow and knee pads and gloves). On the day I went there was 2 other customers and 3/4 staff. The other 2 guys had done this a lot before (one guy was picked up at the aiport with a 5grand bike!), but the staff were awesome - the 2 guys went ahead and I stayed a bit back at my own pace flanked by a couple of instructors. My skills on a bike are so much better after that day. Honestly one of the most exhilarating and best things I've ever done, well worth doing a full day instead of half a day. Even the hour drive up to the top of the mountain was cool - get to see some local sights you normally wouldn't see.

Visited January 2016