“Only attempt if you've got skills or balls (like big ones)”

X-Biking Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in stunning scenery, the bike trails in the mountains around Chiang Mai are single track heaven and X-Biking Chiang Mai knows them better than anyone. We'll have you grinning ear to ear as we drive you up to the very top of Doi Pui (1650 m) and bike with you all the way down to the bottom via natural trails with plenty of rocks, roots, ruts in between stretches of smooth and fast single track. Trails are carefully selected by our experienced guides to match riders' skill levels.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Only attempt if you've got skills or balls (like big ones)”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

My brother and I (25 and 19) both signed up for the full day tour. Booking was super easy as the guide used whatsapp to communicate which was brilliant than bad Thai/English over the phone. They picked us up from the hostel and drove us straight up the mountain with the bikes all ready to go on a trailer. (They even switched the brakes over for us English the night before.)

Both of us are experienced mountain bikers but even the easy trail was a whole new level. It's fast, technical and only gets harder as the day goes on. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a nice cruise, it's full on and intense.

The guides were great! Noah was an inspirational rider as well as a massive dude, and it was apparent he loved being there.

All in all an awesome day out for people after some intense exercise, or experienced downhill riders.

Visited May 2016
2 Thank Tom L

• Hebrew first
West Drayton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best thing I've done, but not for people looking for a cruising trail!”
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I chose the full day expert downhill experience. I'm a decent mountain biker, have done a few trails but this expert downhill was on a different level. The downhill descents are pretty brutal at times! Some really technical parts where you are cycling over pure rocks, sometimes it levels out and you can get some decent speed.The staff were amazing, and so was the bikes and equipment (full face helmet, elbow and knee pads and gloves). On the day I went there was 2 other customers and 3/4 staff. The other 2 guys had done this a lot before (one guy was picked up at the aiport with a 5grand bike!), but the staff were awesome - the 2 guys went ahead and I stayed a bit back at my own pace flanked by a couple of instructors. My skills on a bike are so much better after that day. Honestly one of the most exhilarating and best things I've ever done, well worth doing a full day instead of half a day. Even the hour drive up to the top of the mountain was cool - get to see some local sights you normally wouldn't see.

Visited January 2016
3 Thank alanrcheek
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tip: Bring your own trail food”
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

I am an avid cross country mountain biker and the trails were definitely out of my abilities. I was hoping for some beginner/intermediate trails but we went straight for the Knarly ones. Paid for the whole day and ended up just doing 1 run, they did not even get the lunch that was supposed to be included. Ended up too low on energy for the rest of the day with no food. Disappointed with this ride.

Visited April 2016
2 Thank pmfont
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Interesting way to see Chiang Mai”
Reviewed 12 October 2015

My friend and I decided to do a 1 day trip out of curiosity. We both were beginners with no experience whatsoever. It was also a rainy day. The staffs called early in the morning of the day to make sure we were comfortable enough to do the tour on a rainy day. They re-checked again at the pick up. Full protection gears were provided, which I was thankful for (we will get into this later). Our first trail was a 1 hour run down Doi Suthep. It was wet and slippery, nevertheless fun. The staffs were very nice and encouraging despite my slow pace. We got to try a jump mid-way through. I managed to land with my face. Luckily, they gave me full protection gears. They were also very quick and professional with their first aid. The staffs knew what they were doing. Now I want readers to understand that accidents happen all the time, it's how those accidents are handled that is important. And the X-biking staffs are great.

The second trail was awesome. It was a perfect mix between a good easy run, traditional mountaineer villages, and fruit plantations. I have been to Chiang Mai many time but never once experience such thing. We were supposed to do another run but we were tired and the day was ending. I encourage everyone with an adventure heart to try at least once.

It would be nice to have some pictures though. I regret not taking my camera with me. Maybe a live action photo can be an extra service?

Visited October 2015
2 Thank Pitcha R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bike, route number 3”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Awesome day despite the rain, they do not cancel excursions if it's raining. We chose an intermediate level excursion, not just going down hill but includes some steep up hills. The views are great and you ride through the jungle with some difficult areas. The excusion ends in a lake to lunch (included). The operator gives you all the necessary material and picks you up and returns at your hotel.

Visited August 2015