“Interesting way to see Chiang Mai”

X-Biking Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in stunning scenery, the bike trails in the mountains around Chiang Mai are single track heaven and X-Biking Chiang Mai knows them better than anyone. We'll have you grinning ear to ear as we drive you up to the very top of Doi Pui (1650 m) and bike with you all the way down to the bottom via natural trails with plenty of rocks, roots, ruts in between stretches of smooth and fast single track. Trails are carefully selected by our experienced guides to match riders' skill levels.
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Interesting way to see Chiang Mai”
Reviewed 12 October 2015

My friend and I decided to do a 1 day trip out of curiosity. We both were beginners with no experience whatsoever. It was also a rainy day. The staffs called early in the morning of the day to make sure we were comfortable enough to do the tour on a rainy day. They re-checked again at the pick up. Full protection gears were provided, which I was thankful for (we will get into this later). Our first trail was a 1 hour run down Doi Suthep. It was wet and slippery, nevertheless fun. The staffs were very nice and encouraging despite my slow pace. We got to try a jump mid-way through. I managed to land with my face. Luckily, they gave me full protection gears. They were also very quick and professional with their first aid. The staffs knew what they were doing. Now I want readers to understand that accidents happen all the time, it's how those accidents are handled that is important. And the X-biking staffs are great.

The second trail was awesome. It was a perfect mix between a good easy run, traditional mountaineer villages, and fruit plantations. I have been to Chiang Mai many time but never once experience such thing. We were supposed to do another run but we were tired and the day was ending. I encourage everyone with an adventure heart to try at least once.

It would be nice to have some pictures though. I regret not taking my camera with me. Maybe a live action photo can be an extra service?

Visited October 2015
2 Thank Pitcha R

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bike, route number 3”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Awesome day despite the rain, they do not cancel excursions if it's raining. We chose an intermediate level excursion, not just going down hill but includes some steep up hills. The views are great and you ride through the jungle with some difficult areas. The excusion ends in a lake to lunch (included). The operator gives you all the necessary material and picks you up and returns at your hotel.

Visited August 2015
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Jungle Gnar”
Reviewed 5 August 2015

I went out with DH King, he spoke great English and was really stoked to show us his trials. He took us on three varied runs though the Jungle, with the mist and the animals chattering, it was a Proper surreal experience.
I wrecked their hire bike,and would advise taking your own if at all possible.
For around £45 i got picked up, rode around 4000m descent, got drinks and lunch, and used their bike.
Thanks guys for a great day out.

Visited July 2015
2 Thank Colin L
Nieuwersluis, The Netherlands
“Great Downhill experience”
Reviewed 2 August 2015

I went for the full day and the X-Biking team were fantastic. They accommodate a perfect ride experience for all levels and tailor the riding to meet the needs to the experience of the rider. They are very professionally organised, and the trails were more than fantastic. We were with a combined group with some having more experience than the other but everybody receiving the full attention from the X Biking team. A must do in Chiang Mai.

Visited August 2015
4 attraction reviews
“Wicked”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

I have just come back from a half day downhill with xbiking. The trail was amazing, just enough time on the road to get used to the bike, and then off road. The speed of the instructor was enough to help me push my limits. fell 3 times, but I was in control of brakes so I could have stopped if I wanted, but K made me push my limits. Loved it. Thank you all for a great experience, the best bike ride I've ever had.

Visited July 2015