Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
AU$90
176cathy
London, United Kingdom
A lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Feb 2024
A lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Everything was great from the outset with check in being very efficient. The reception staff have been very helpful including booking a last minute tour during the evening when I arrived.

All the staff have been very pleasant and seem very happy. The breakfasts have been good with lots of variety, and again, good service. Nothing is too much trouble.

My room is beautiful and clean, with lots of storage space.

I also had a massage, and again, very good too.

The hotel is close to everything. I had no problems arranging pick up from the hotel for a tour. I have had a fantastic stay and can definitely recommend this hotel.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Expedia.com
    AU$154
3.5 km from De Chai Colonial Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
All reviews chai great location night bazaar old city quiet street walking distance roti thapae gate comfortable bed very nice hotel air con water pressure tuk tuk thailand bathtub laundry cons
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2024 via mobile

Really nice hotel, but totally ruined by the fact the swimming pool has no heating and was literally like ice. If you want a swim then forget this hotel. Don’t bring kids as they will not be able to use it.
Unbelievable considering the money spent here when building. Hotel is great, but I wanted a swim and when I said to the staff about the freezing water , they just laughed .
I would not visit again and not recommend to anyone . Shame, because it is lovely in every other aspect.
Food is good, coffee excellent, very clean, good location.

Room tip: Don’t book if you fancy a swim, it’s soooooooooooo cold it will freeze your nuts off.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2024

New option for us here in Changers. Overall very pleased with the option we've taken and the De Chai Colonnial is a good property with a lovely location and is well-priced for the area.

All parts of the process were good, booked easily, requests on beds met and checkin done in a few seconds. Room is spacious and quite attractive in an older, lived in property. Floors might use a vacuum rather than a makwad but that is me being picky!

There is a lovely little terrace, pool and bar and dry January was severely tested last night. There is also a room service menu and it's cheap as chips... Will get tested today.

It's not clear online - IMHO - that there are three different De Chai hotels. This is the eldest I'd suspect and we can see De Chai Deco opposite which looks funky, albeit in a higher price bracket. We will try that next..

...as given the Le Meridien has rebranded itself as a Marriott but clearly not for the benefit of its Marriott members, we will likely use the De Chai hotels as our regular base going forward now.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2023

I would not recommend this hotel at all. Looks are very deceiving. The good reviews are in exchange for free drinks. The location is good but I had the worst hotel experience ever here. This is my 2nd time in Chiang Mai and I did not expect such horrible customer service this time. Staff is nice but not accommodating. I had been traveling Asia for weeks and this was my last stop so I booked 5 nights to rest and finish my work. My room had an ant problem and they were getting in the bed with me. I was told I had to sleep in the room for the night because they were full and that they would spray something. She offered to change the sheets but what’s the point if the ants are coming from outside. I was so uncomfortable. Wifi was so bad that I couldn’t even find another hotel before midnight. So I spent my morning back and forth, waiting on someone to check out so I could get a new room after being up all night. Never was I offered any compensation, no free drink, no breakfast, and of course not a refund for the night. I asked and he said he would talk to the manager in an hour and I never heard anything about it for the next 5 days I was there. I also discovered the robes are only for small people and food and grime on the tableware the next morning, even had to use a Clorox wipe to clean the kettle. The rooms have large cracks in the windows so the second room had flies in it. Also, no counter space in the bathroom so the rooms are not consistent even if you book the same tier room. I was counting down the days until I could check out since it was non-refundable. What a way to ruin the end of my trip with no remorse.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bellabombay
Reviewed 22 December 2023

The location of the hotel was great. We were close to the street where the majority of the restaurants and shops were, close to the bridge and river where the Lantern Festival and the Loy Krathong festival was happening and walking distance to Old Town. The breakfast in the morning was adequate. My biggest concern was our room was not clean. There were dust bunnies everywhere and peeling on the ceiling. There was also a very obvious water stain in the ceiling. Overall, the hotel just seemed old. The service was not great, when we first arrived, nobody helped us with our luggage and every time we passed the front desk, nobody said hello or even acknowledged us. With that being said, we still had a nice time.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2023

Lovely place in an alley off Thapae Road, so it's quiet but very close to the hubbub. Super helpful and friendly staff, very pleasant and attractive common areas, excellent room. I'd totally stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo