Open today: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
️ Chiang Mai Instagram Tour: Most Famous Spots (Private and All-Inclusive)

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Chiang Mai Zoo
3,180 results
All reviews golf buggy large zoo panda bears panda house hop on hop thb
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Totally not worth the price.
The only animal which gets my attention is just the elephants and pandas.
Other than that.
The monorail. Is the WORST monorail I have sit on my life.
I did not visit the aquarium section as it is too pricey for me.

1  Thank PatrickSii88
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Dont waste your time and money, huge place and u will see only two pandas and two Kuala and the rest u will find them in the streets of Thailand! Elephants and monkeys! Dont waste your time and money go to the tiger kingdom

1  Thank 847ahmedm
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Through reading others opinions about the Zoo, I was sitting on the fence about going.

But i did. And I say make your own opinion !
Some people aren't fussed about animals, some people are crazy about them. Some people like walking around, others don't. It's a personal choice.
I for one, had a brilliant time spending my 21st birthday here by myself.

I think most people are forgetting we are in Thailand. People drive in the middle of the road with no seat belts for gods sake.

I am a 21 year old female weighing 130 kilos and I had no trouble getting around the zoo. If you are in fine conditions to walk, WALK !

The main issue I had, which every one else has had, is the elephants that are chained waiting for riders.
I cried.

Other than small things like that, I had a good time, and suggest going.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Hot and dirty, and you have to dodge the many vehicles driving around. Animals mostly just hide in the shade. Pandas were pretty cool. Aquarium was a real disappointment, but was worth the money just to be in an air conditioned building for a while. Skip it unless you're really bored or love watching animals sleep.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Inexpensive to access the zoo but animals seems to be bearing the brunt of the low prices. Indian rhino had a 'watering hole' but it was completely void of water...the animal was standing in the hole looking sad. Fairly large orangutan exhibit had zero orangutan in it. Not worth it even at the low prices.

Date of experience: March 2014