“A lovely experience!”

Green Bamboo Massage
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Bamboo Massage is a typical, cozy Thai Massage Hut, located in a small side street inside the moat of Chiang Mai, with a focus on Lanna Thai Treatments and true Lanna Thai hospitality. As we have a small entrance, please make sure you really catch our entrance, it's located in the house with the wooden white and green "Green Bamboo Massage" sign over the small entrance with the little wooden doors.
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had two massages in Chiang Mai and this was my absolute favourite.

We were greeted by the lovely ladies and handed the "menu" of massages.... My friend and I both opted for an oil massage. We chose the oil from several differently scented ones and then relaxed and let the ladies do their magic...

Following a wonderful hour of full body massage we were served tea and we both left feeling relaxed and energised... It was a wonderful hour and I highly recommend that you choose this professional outfit when going for a massage in CHiang Mai.

3  Thank Cassandra D
There are newer reviews for Green Bamboo Massage

Reviewed 22 September 2012

An excellent place to go for a traditional Thai massage. They do all the types of traditional massage the others do, the prices are the same but their service is very good. And you're in a real Thai wooden house with a delightful staff.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I had an unfortunately disappointing experience here when I received a foot massage. The massage therapist was sweet, but lacked in skill and technique and did not seem present at all. As a massage therapist who has been trained in foot reflexology massage, I feel that I am qualified to accurately assess skill and I found her work to be terribly lacking. She was not looking at what she was doing, seemed to only half-heartedly do the work, missed reflex points and energy lines, and just overall did not seem engaged. She put lotion on my legs and feet but didn't fully rub it in, so that when the A/C blew directly on me, I got really cold. Furthermore, her body mechanics were very poor, which may reflect both her level of skill and training and her level of engagement. The only thing I can say about it is her pressure was extremely light, which in this case was good because an unskilled therapist with a heavy hand can do a lot of damage. I have been in Chiang Mai for a month and have gotten a lot of massages here, so I don't feel like I had unrealistic expectations prior to my experience here. But this was really disappointing. To be honest, I considered leaving ten minutes into the massage, it was that bad.

I will not be going back to Green Bamboo. I am glad others have had good experiences and perhaps I just got unlucky. But there are so many good places out there, that I am not willing to chance it by giving it another try. Especially when there are other good, less expensive options.

I will echo other reviews in saying that the space is really lovely. But it was too air-conditioned for my taste, but others may appreciate that.

mesa999, Owner at Green Bamboo Massage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

I am glad that you liked our space and that my staff was friendly.
In the same time, I honestly feel very sorry that you had a bad experience in our studio.
Especially because only highly trained and certified massage therapists work with me.
Most of my staff I know for years, we are like a family here and many times we get great feedbacks from our guests. Maybe at that day, my staff lacked of concetration. That`s possible.
Traditional Thai Massage is a very individual process and what is strong for one person can be soft for someone else. It should not be an excuse, but if the pressure wasn`t right, a simple sign ot word would have been enough and my therapist would have changed for you.
Same with the aircon. I am very sorry, that the temperature was too low for you. A simple word would have been enogh to change that. We can change the temperature anytime for you.
But sure, I am very sorry that my therapist wasn´t able to realize that by herself .
Very often our guests say that we have very low prices, often they even say we are much too cheap for the quality and service we offer.

Please take my sincere appologizes, I will take the issues you mentioned very serious.

Warm regards,
Mae

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We found them through Tripadvisor and gave them a try after a poor experience in Cambodia.
This was just amazing, very typical teak house with flowers at the entrance and smiling staff. The massage room is air conditioned and also plays relaxing music. We started with a coconut and aloe vera body massage and returned 2 days later for a 1 hour organic facial which I highly recommend, I was so relaxed I nearly fell asleep, all the different facial creams smell fantastic (you can buy some of the products there, or find the others in Chiang Mai, except for the home made ones ^^) and my skin was incredibly smooth, I just loved it ! The body massage was really nice too, you feel the pressure on the muscles without the pain, we especially liked the hands and arms moment. All the ladies are very professional, kind and helpful.

We will return if we have time, so don't hesitate, you will have a great time there !

3  Thank Marine P
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Me and my girlfriend went there for a massage for her birthday, i have to say this place is so relaxing and we felt the atmosphere when we stepped inside. The hospitality is amazing and of course the massage, we got cloth to feel more comfortable, a leg bath before we went in and a nice tea when we got out. my girlfriend even got a nice balm as a bd present :)

Great place that i highly recommend !