“We really enjoyed this place”
Review of BaanBooLOo

BaanBooLOo
Ranked #8 of 747 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“We really enjoyed this place”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My boyfriend and I went from 10th to 12th september and we had a great time. Orn and her family are very nice, we feel like home.The room was perfect, like a dream. Orn help us a lot regarding the place to go and what to do in the city.We talk a lot about thai culture and it was very pleasant because it is difficult to communicate in english with other thai people and understand their own culture.

The guesthouse is in the city so it is perfect to going out the night by walk without taking any tuk tuk.

We really advice this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Staying at BaanBoo Loo was the highlight of my two-week trip to Thailand. I cannot say enough to about Orn and her family, and about how caring and warm and welcoming they are to their visitors. They truly treat you like part of the family and are eager to help you in any way they can.

We were greeted with fresh fruits and cool drinks upon arrival. Since we had never been to Chang Mai before, Orn sat down with a map of the city, taught us how to get around, and informed us of the best places to go for food, fun and massages! Every place recommended was amazing! She also helped us plan out our few days there to make sure we got the most out of our trip.

Each day they offered us snacks, fresh fruit and juice after we returned from our adventures. And every morning, breakfast was ready minutes after you came outside.

The rooms were clean, and had an authentic Thai feel. There were fresh flowers in the room everyday, which was a small, but lovely touch. They have put so much effort into making BaanBoo Loo picture perfect.

On my favourite night at BaanBoo Loo, Orn took us to the local market, taught us about all the indigenous fruits and veggies, let us try them, and helped us pick out food for our cooking class back at BaanBoo Loo. Going to the market was a great experience. Then, the food. The best meal we had in Thailand was the meal we prepared in Orn's cooking class. When I told her I wanted to make curry for my mom but was afraid to mess up the recipe, she offered to skype with me while I cooked back at home. She truly is a lovely person.

I would recommend BaanBoo Loo for everyone! - for families, because it is on the quiet side of town, for young people traveling who are looking to make their trip a little extra special!

And, you will love their family. Their passion for hospitality could never be forgotten!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed in BaanBooLOoin March and I must say it was a great choice. First of all, it was really well located as not right in the busy centre but at walking distance of it.

Breakfast was the best one I had in Thailand. It was different every day and fruit were ripe and fresh, which was not the case in all the hotels I stayed in later during my trip.

The room was very original in the Thaï style, and very comfortable with a good fan and mosquito nets. It was a pleasure to wake up with the birds singing in all the surrounding trees.

But the cherry on the cake was the owner and staff. I was travelling alone and being welcomed by the Banbaloo team was really great. They made me feel at ease and safe from the first day. They not only took good care of me but also of my baby :-) I was one month pregnant when I arrived there with a few nausea and pregnancy inconveniences. Every day I received different fruit for breakfast, plus fresh coconut milk as the owner told me it is said to be very good for the baby in Thailand :-)

On my last night, I had dinner with the staff and they blew a Thaï balloon, which is to whish health and luck for the baby. I was crying with emotions as I felt it was so kind of them.
So, all in all, if you want a cosy place with a family feeling and a kind staff, don't hesitate a minute!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Well I stayed here for 2Nights and I can honestly say that my stay was so beautiful pleasant and comfortable and found the rooms clean and staff helpfull and friendly. the , the location was great and would recommend this place. Its definatly a must place to stay and a very cultural experiance to stay loved it here

Room Tip: Its a beautiful place to stay
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Orn and the staff at BaanBooLoo truly made our 8 night stay here the best place we stayed at in Thailand! The attention to detail and the level of service was outstanding! Nothing was ever to much trouble and we really felt at home!

The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. We loved the little touches like the fishbowl in the bathroom, the mosquito coils that were lit at night and other details.

The breakfasts were delicious, fresh fruits and eggs as well as lovely Thai dishes like banana and mango sticky rice parcels.

Our outings were arranged for us by Orn, days planned and we thoroughly enjoyed our two cooking lessons with her. She took the trouble to take us to a bookstore and find Thai cooking books, arranged our shopping trip to the umbrella village and just about everything else we wanted to do!

We could have all happily stayed there for a lot longer!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family