“Everybody Agrees!”

Ranked #223 of 717 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Edmonton
“Everybody Agrees!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Sometimes i'm skeptical about a business that receives so many positive reviews but I have to say that in this case I agree with all the positive reviews. TK Guesthouse was a huge part of our overall unbelievable experience. They showed us some of the most awesome little gems that Chiang Mai had to offer. if your looking for a hassle free & convenient experience, I highly recommend their friendly services.

Tom

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank T L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Four of us stayed at TK guesthouse for 6 nights. The room was spacious with a balcony that overlooked the city and a hot shower. All for a very inexpensive price. They have a new lounge/restaurant area with a jungle theme that is a very relaxing place to hang out. The location is in the old city near by everything. It is a short walk to the saturday market and right next to a daily market with good food stalls and a nice morning wet market. The manager Tee and the rest of the staff are all very friendly and welcoming. Tee went out of his way to find us great deals on trekking and other activities, and great advice for traveling around the city. we had nothing planned before we got to Chaing Mai and Tee and the staff helped us plan an amazing 6 days of fun and adventure. Our stay would not have been the same if we hadn't stayed at TK.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Parris A
Germany
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I Booked from Germany and everything Works. Clean and quite Roms. Fine organisations for aktivities in Chiang Mai and for over Trips and places to Stay in Thailand. Friendly People Here. For Sure a Good Place to Stay.
What to do in Chiang Mai :
Mountain bikimg (Not Easy)
Lila Thai Massage
Jungle flight Not necessary and expensive
Food market near beide
Extreme Shopping St the AirPort Plaza

Greetings häagen dazs

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hagen108
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed at TK Guesthouse in December 2011. The staff are very friendly, fluent in english an helpful. Even drove us in their own car to some of the sights that we wanted to see at no cost. They had good WIFI in my room on my laptop. The rooms were kept very neat an clean. Really enjoyed my stay there very much an will definitly stay there again when I go back to visit Chiang Mai. An A+ for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike390
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 January 2012

It was almost sunset when I reached Chiang Mai and the helpful guy that welcomed me was Tee. For a solo traveler, he gave me a really spacious room. He easily attended to my requests:

(1) I requested for airconditioning (which is an extra cost) but he suggested for me to open my windows for ventilation. It gets cooler at night. It's screened so you don't have to worry about mosquitoes or insects.

(2) When I stowed my luggage, I noticed that I couldn't lock one of the windows, one of the guys fixed it right then and there

(3) I really don't have a lot planned except for rock climbing and a cooking class. I said I wanted to visit a few temples and he suggested that his brother drives for me. His brother speaks a little English (he is learning fast!!!) but he's a sweet and accommodating lad. He even brought me to a cantineta with the best khao soi.

(4) He asked me where I booked my cooking class and I mentioned another school. He need not persuade me to book at Sammy's Organic Farm instead. Aside from the fact that it's cheaper, the farm ambience was much more inviting. Thank you, it was beautiful with an EPIC outdoor toilet!!!

Remember this is a bed and breakfast accommodation. And with the price you are paying for, do not expect so much from the room. All the basic amenities you need are there: hot & cold shower, a bed, a side table, a fan, airconditioning (if need be), a cabinet for your clothes.

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
*CMRCA (Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventure) HQ is two apartments down.
*It's about a 10 minute walk to the night market outside the walls of Old Town where there are rows of street food with communal dining area. And right across that street is the Weekend Market... which is a long row of what-have-yous, souvenirs and tourist-trap shopping items.
*If you are there on a Sunday, it is about 4 blocks (15-20 minute walk), from the Walking Street of Chiang Mai. Now this is a LOOOONNNGGER weekend market that gets crazy from 6 up and slows down around 11 but lasts until around after midnight.
* It's near an ATM machine & fronts a convenient store.

I can go endless here. but I am just saying is that you are paying more than your money's worth for the helpful tips the staff gives you :)

Just don't forget to be respectful.

Room Tip: The guesthouse rises up tot the 4th floor (I think), and there is no elevator. I stayed on the 3rd...