“Amazing honeymoon stop”

Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Chiang Mai was our fourth stop, midway on our honeymoon. After reading great reviews on trip advisor we had high expectations, they were far exceeded! The staff provided a more than accommodating welcome, beautiful rooms and serene surroundings. We found the staff (Aof especially) extremely helpful in planning and executing our trip.

I would highly recommend staying in this perfectly run resort, we look forward to revisiting someday hopefully soon.

Ps. Check out the elephant nature park, it was by far the best excursion around and eye opening as to the treatment of the animals in local attractions and industries.

- Zach and Hayley

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have just returned from a lovely 11-night Christmas/New Year break at the Siripanna with my family (husband, kids aged 6,5 and 3). We were very pleased with our stay.

Siripanna offers you a genuine Thai experience, with staff that are very friendly and welcoming. The setting is gorgeous, just 5 mins (100-150bt tuk-tuk fee) from the busiest streets in Chiang Mai, totally quiet and tranquil. The hotel is very green and lush and the architecture as well as the furniture is all in Lanna style. Much more memorable than some of the posher hotels in town, which all blend into one after a while!

The pool circles the sunbed area so you can swim to relax but not really do laps. The water was chilly but we and the kids still enjoyed a splash most days. The bedrooms are spacious and two interconnecting rooms offered more than enough space for the five of us.

The food is best at the buffet lunch, the breakfast buffet is fine but nothing special. A la carte dining can be a very frustrating experience, and you get better and cheaper food if you venture a little outside the hotel. However, extra mention has to go to the staff who tirelessly ensured that one of our children was prepared gluten-free food.

We would recommend the hotel to visitors to Chiang Mai given its charming location, beautiful decor and outstandingly friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel in December 2012. The staff are very friendly and courteous and they are also very helpful. The room is very nice and very cosy. My wife like it very much. Even though it ia a bit far from the city in particular the night bazaar but tuk tuk is always available to tkake you around

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

It was my last night (3rd night) in Chiang Mai and I do feel like staying at the boutique resort - but offering luxury service blended with the concept of Lanna culture - and of course located in the city area. Even though there are some resorts in downtown of Chiang Mai that offer touches of Lanna experience, I have to say that Siripanna resort popped up in mind, on the top of my wish list, because of its locations, reputation and great reviews from travelers here.

Limousine service: I booked a roundtrip limousine, to pick me up from Yesterday hotel on Nimman road and to take me to the airport on the next day, the driver arrived and picked me up very on time, this is excellent. The driver has good knowledge of the resort, with polite manner.

Resort location: It took a little bit longer on the ride than I expected because of the traffic; however, it took about half an hour to get there. Siripanna is "The Resort in the City" as you will never thought that you are living only 5 minutes away from the night market - quiet and calm atmosphere with lush garden and rice paddy field.

Accommodation: My room (#3305) is spacious and well decorated. It is HUGE for a solo traveler like me – it will definitely be perfect for couple and honeymooner. I love the bathroom, with shower and Jacuzzi. The bed, duvet and pillows are very comfortable. There is a sofa corner next to the window to enjoy the view of the resort.

Restaurant: The buffet breakfast is good with variety of hot and cold dishes. Fruit juice is fresh and there are many choices to choose from. For hot live-cooking station, my favorite is the freshly made waffle with honey.

Resort facilities: There are all facilities that 5 star resorts should have: fitness center, swimming pool, gift shop, gallery, meeting room, and spa.

Service: Reception staffs are all friendly and helpful. F&B staff at the breakfast gave more attention to guests speaking English - I have been ignored to service at the beginning.

In over all, it was a lovely stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family who wish to visit Chiang Mai in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AorPhatthawut
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We joined the Honeymoon package in December for our honeymoon in Chiang Mai. The service here is really good. They will treat you like a VIP because they care so much about their service. The location is a bit far from the city but you can always catch a tuk tuk back.

I find the breakfast quite good though it doesn't have a lot of thai food for breakfast. The waffle is excellent.

We joined the rice farming activity which was quite fun. We met Aof who introduced the paddy farm and Ard who took some really professional photos for us. It was the highlight of the day.

Not sure if I will be going back to this resort but definitely a resort I would recommend to others

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple