“Superb Hotel”

Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We absolutely loved this hotel which we found on TripAdviser.

Its out of the centre but that was fine because it was 10 minutes in a Tuk Tuk and they were very cheap. After a day in Chiang Mai this was an oasis of calm!!

The staff were delightful, the room was beautiful and the breakfast excellent. We didn't eat much in the hotel other than breakfast but what we did have was good.

If I had one small complaint it would be billing slips. The hotel added 10% to all food and drink bills which is absolutely fine and what we would have left anyway but then underneath there was a space which said 'Tip ........' which we always left blank but felt very guilty and uncomfortable doing so. We thought 10% was enough but then wondered if this did actually go to the staff as a tip.

Overall our stay was really good. We would stay there again and would certainly recommend it. It was also very reasonably priced for he standard that it was.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YorkielassEngland
There are newer reviews for Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed here for a few nights last September and I must say it is the most beautiful place I've stayed in the whole of Thailand. I stayed in a Deluxe Lanna suite which cost me about $100AU per night after taxes (including breakfast). The room was exactly what was shown on the website pictures and there were no surprises... In fact the only surprise was that the place was so much better than I had expected!! It was so luxurious and clean and really peaceful and quiet. The room was done out in a very natural Thai style with a huge king size bed, a large bath tub, a separate shower, a lounge chair, and a lovely private patio which overlooked a pond as well as all the standard features. All the furnishings were lovely and complimented the authentic natural feel of the place. There was alot of mood lighting in the room and I wished I had of had a partner there with me as it was so romantic!! The service was amazing and the staff were so friendly and polite. I ate breakfast and my main meal each day at the resort and found the food to be of a very high standard and very well priced. I also splurged (about $150AU) and went and had a jasmine rice full body scrub and massage at the adjoining Spa. Wow! What a great experience that was! My masseusse was Phi and she was so lovely and polite and I highly recommend her to anyone.

I travelled as a solo female and never felt in the slightest bit unsafe or uncomfortable. The resort staff were really helpful with booking day tours and they also offered a free shuttle service to the night bazaar which I took advantage of (although you had to pay for a tuk tuk back again). The night markets here are excellent and the prices are much cheaper than what you would pay in other parts of Thailand such as Bangkok or Phuket. I also did a day tour of the hilltribe villages with a tour operation called 'Journey Tours'. The tour was very reasonably priced and the guide was very knowledgeable and also very enthusiastic which was a pleasant surprise as many guides I have come across are obviously sick of tourists!

I highly recommend Chiang Mai and Siripanna Villa Resort and Spa to anyone travelling to Thailand and I must say that as a relatively inexperienced solo traveller I felt very safe in Chiang Mai even after dark. I simply can not say enough nice things about this resort and without the lovely attentive staff that run it, it would still be luxurious but it is always the staff that make a place truly memorable. The only thing I can think of that might be of some concern to some people was the mosquitos. The resort offers repellants in your room (free of charge) but I would recommend bringing one of those electric plug in repellers from home if you are concerned. Mind you, I travelled in the wet season so I imagine there's more mosquitos around at that time of year. One other thing that I was a little unsure of initially is that the resort is not right in town... this really isn't a bother at all as it's an extremely cheap tuk tuk ride into town (or anywhere you want to go) and the staff will gladly organise a tuk tuk whenever you need it. Overall, this place was truly amazing and I will definitely be back :) And, if the staff happen to read this... THANK YOU! :)

Room Tip: My room was on the lower level out the back of the hotel and was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Jubesss
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed at Siripanna for 3 nights while in Chiang Mai.
The hotel is lovely, peaceful and well taken care of. The rooms are extremely comfortable and we enjoyed being a little out of town ( ten minutes in a tuk tuk).
The reason we would return to Siripanna though is without doubt the level of service from every staff member we encountered. They were all gracious and helpful especially the lovely ladies at the front desk who met our every need with warmth and enthusiasm.
One example of this service was the help we received in purchasing tickets for the VIP Green bus to Chiang Rai. We had made one attempt but when we realized how long the queue was we had to abandon our attempt in order to keep our spa appointment. When we explained this to a staff member named Pu she went herself to pick up the tickets for us from the bus station, we were blown away by this. We loved our stay at Siripanna and thank all the staff for making our experience wonderful and memorable.
You will not regret staying here.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed in Siripanna for 7 days and it was really amazing. We had the Deluxe Lanna Room and it was beautiful and very spacious. Also the breakfast buffet is the best you can have. The hotel itself is wonderful with an amazing swimming pool and nice surroundings. We would surely recommend the barbecue buffet on friday evening. We were treated like kings and our 6 year old daughter had the time of her life, she was treated as a real princess. Our stay was made exceptionnal by the small things the staff do for you. We would like to thank the wonderful staff especially the reception and restaurant for making our stay so amazing. Thank you very much Siripanna and we will definitely come back to you.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Davero7778
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My sisters and I visited Chiang Mai in February and stayed at the Siripanna Resort for three nights. We loved our Royal lanna twin villa. It was spacious and beautifully appointed with Thai accent pieces. But the true delight came when we opened the doors to the bathroom. There was a spacious soaking tub posititoned next to a "water wall" feature. It was like having our own personal waterfall in our villa! At the entrance to our villa, there was a shaded sitting area with two chairs....the perfect place to soak in the peacefulness of the resort while having a cup of tea to start out the morning or to relax after a day of touring in the afternoon.

One of the highlights of our stay at the resort was the morning activity we spent in the rice paddy fields behind the resort. This is a planned resort activity where you can experience the planting of the rice sprouts. We had a wonderful activities director explain about rice farming and exactly what we would be doing in the rice paddies. The next step was to get "kitted out" for the experience. We were given denim shirts and the traditional Thai farming hats to wear. Then, our adventure began.......in to the mud of the rice fields. And a demonstration of how to hold the rice plant and how to place it in the mud. It was all good fun and the time passed by quickly. There were also two wonderful members of staff who personally took our cameras and took a gazillion pictures of us in the paddy field. When we checked out, we were given a 5 X 7 picture of us in the paddy fields and also a CD of the pictures that they took with their camera. Just an added plus of hospitality to an already wonderful stay!

We enjoyed the resort and Chiang Mai very much and would highly recommend a stay at this resort!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family