All reviews rooftop restaurant maya shopping mall huay kaew road rooms are huge front office staff bedroom suite hotel staff old city pools xanadu sauna rates
Reviewed 25 November 2015

The rooftop bar was fun and provided nice views of the city, the lobby was fine & breakfast was OK. The rooms are tired, but average for a mid-price Asian hotel. If you are looking for something nice, it would try something else.

Date of stay: November 2015
ManlikaT, Front Office Manager at Furama Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Dear SharonDesigns,

Good day from Furama Hotel Chiangmai.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know you are happy with our facilities in our hotel, especially the rooftop bar.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Pros:
1. The ambiance is great, upon entering the hotel you can smell the aroma of Thai Cuisine since the dinning hall is next to the lobby,

2. The staffs are very welcoming.

3. I stayed on a Superior room, and I find the interior design of the room fascinating.

4. The housekeepers kept my room clean, and even if I left my room with my luggage nothing is stolen.

5. Even a trainee was helpful enough by the time of my check-out, he helped me carry my bags to the elevator.

Cons
1. The furniture seem old. It requires renovation

2. I only found 4 hangers in the closet, so I had to hang my other clothes on the chair and in the kitchen.

3. The mattress was hard, it was tough to sleep at first but I find it comfortable at the following nights.

All in all I enjoyed my stay at Furama Chiang Mai. The price of the hotel is very cheap, but you are welcomed by kind staffs, and your room is kept clean and safe by the housekeepers! 5 out of 5 would check-in again with my friends next time.

Room tip: Choose a room at the 16th floor for; the best view, the best housekeeper, a good trainee and staffs.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Myst H

Dear Myst H,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know you are happy with our room and our staffs. It gives us great encouragement to work a lot.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

I would not recommend staying here if you are looking for a good nights rest. The roof top bar and restaurant plays extremely loud music with heavy bass past 11pm at night. You can hear a constant pounding from the music from your room making it very difficult to sleep. There are plenty of other hotels nearby that would be a much quieter option.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Big_Deauter,

Good Afternoon from Furama Hotel Chiangmai.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We regret for the inconvenience and unpleasant experience about our rooftop bar which were quite loud music and made difficult to sleep at night. We take your feedback very seriously then we are now taking the action for a solution to this problem by controlling the music on our restaurant.

Finally ,we look forward to welcoming you back to Furama Chiangmai Hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

This was my first trip to Thailand. Instead of Bangkok we settled for Chiang Mai. We were there for a special convention as well which made it all the more special. Furama was one of the selected locations for us to stay. We booked it straight away as it was within our budget. After booking we looked up the reviews and got a bit frightened. However once we arrived there everything was great.
We booked a Twin Superior Room on the 12th floor which had

- wireless high speed internet connection - the lobby would connect easy, my microsoft lumia connected after some fussing with the connection in the room but the wife's galaxy after day one refused to connect. Although hardly any signal it was pretty fast for our needs.

- Coffee and Tea making facility

- In-room safe - didn't work housekeeping asked us to inform the front desk about it, as we didn't need it didn't bother

- Cable TV - more local channels and one or two english but this is ok as we were hardly in the room

- Bathtub with Jacuzzi - didn't work

- Swimming pool - 2 nice pools! Didn't use but the 5th floor one reminded me of a roman baths style pool, I preferred it to the roof top tiny pool.

The Fridge in the room didn't work, got house keeping to come check on it and he said it was put to the wrong mode, he adjusted the setting.. I put the stuff that needed to stay cool in. The fridge didn't work. I didn't bother with informing again as we had come to the end of our trip and so had the stuff that needed to stay cool :(

The Room.
The room was huge! Twin beds were replaced with a King sized bed which was awesome. The mattress was hard, really hard but my wife and I like hard mattresses as we both have back problems. We slept awesome every single night.

The AC was first class. Silent and cool!

The Bathroom
The shower cubicle door would not close properly and the overhead shower was just a stream of water with good pressure, this unfortunately lead to water bouncing off the bathers body and soaking up the little shower mat which had to be changed everyday during excellent turn down service.

Jacuzzi/bathtub - well...hmmm... Either I'm really bad or the thing didn't work..

Hotel Breakfast
As the hotel was full of convention delegates the breakfast was awesome! Thai, Western all. Same menu for 9 days though :D I'm not complaining. But it can get a bit monotonous.
The dining room staff could not cope with the numbers of breakfast delegates. We ran out of bowls, cutlery was mot replaced, tables were not cleaned quickly, but I guess its a good training for the staff for next time! They were always kind and courteous (are not all Thai's?)

Once most of the delegates had left I happened to be at the hotel and it was fairly ghost like. You can imagine it when its not at full occupancy.

Overall The Furama provided us a great location from which we were able to go to the mall, the night bazaar in the old city in a red truck for 30bht each, walk to a place called thing square which should be explored on a friday night when the band is playing Oasis, Beatles and other awesome song covers, then a walk along the food street (its what I called it as I don't know the name of the road).
The Furama does badly need a make over and regular maintenance. The picky visitor will not be happy with some of the problems. Me and the wife are not too fussed as we were not in the hotel all day long.

The foot massage located in the hotel is excellent says my wife and costs less than the road side ones.

The gym we had no time to visit. Can't comment.

We will probably stay here again if the price is right on our next visit.

Thanks Furama for hosting us so well.

Room tip: 12th floor was good can't complain. Superior room advised.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Isharf,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know you are happy with almost our facilities in our hotel.

We promise that we will maintain a high standard of service of our hotel with us forever but we regret for the inconvenience and unpleasant experience about our safety box and Jacuzzi, we promise that we will improve its.

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

From the outside this hotel looked a bit sad but inside is very nice, very large rooms with a kitchen although no cooking facilities. Lovely spa bath in the room. We loved the sauna on the 5th floor. Buffet breakfast was delicious with different options every day. Coin operated washing machines & dryers is a big plus also. S2 shopping centres on walking distance.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear AlannaJC,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know you are happy with our room , our facilities and also our breakfast. It gives us great encouragement to work a lot.

We promise that we will maintain a high standard of service of our hotel with us forever but we regret for the inconvenience and unpleasant experience about internet, we promise that we will improve it.