I wish all hotels could be like the Ping Nakara.
The building is beautiful and in a quiet location, the rooms well designed and the service just-right.
We only got to stay here for 2 nights but I will definitely return. The hotel is in a quieter part of Chiang Mai (near the Chedi hotel) but still only a few minutes in a tuk tuk or taxi to the old town, sights and markets. Having stayed in the old city on a previous trip which was noisy, the Ping Nakara was very quiet.
The hotel building is really lovely with the pool and the library bar being particular highlights. The standard deluxe room was large with a size-able bathroom (with a bath and separate cubicle and an enormous rain shower). The furniture and decoration in the room have been carefully chosen and there are nice touches to each room with flowers stenciled on the main wall to match the flower name given to each room.
Breakfast is not a gargantuan buffet as in the chain hotels but there is a nice menu selection, fruit and pastries to start the day but not over-eat so you miss out on the other fantastic food in Chiang Mai. The bar also has a good selection of drinks.
The service was the best I’ve experienced in a long time. Attentive, polite and efficient without being overbearing. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The only bad thing about the Ping Nakara was having to leave…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa