We selected Joy’s House due to the good ranking and positive feedback in tripadvisor and booked two nights at Joy’s House, a six day trip after that and another three nights starting early January 2012.
We can state that all the positive comments from the tripadvisor community are true; therefore we will not repeat them, but highlight three special events we experienced:
1. After our first two nights at Joy’s House, before starting our tour, I asked where to store our luggage for the six days of absence, Joy’s answer: “You keep your room, you leave your belongings how they are and when you come back, you will come home” – wow !!! Even as a frequent traveller, I never experienced this before.
2. The trip was fantastic and well organised, Ben, Dong and Sert, our guides (from Joy’s house) were very professional and able to fulfil all our wishes. The highlight was the two day trekking tour in the Doi Inthanon National Park. Sert grew up in the village where we had our “base camp”, so he and his friends showed us the real life in and around the villages. The hiking tours in the forests were a lesson of nature study. Once, when
travelling we told Sert that we would like to understand how the rice is being grown. We stopped at a rice field where farmers were busy. Sert talked to the owner, jumped into the mud and showed us all the activities and explained the steps of the rice growth.
How many guides would jump into the mud for the tourists?
3. And then the CSF (Children’s Shelter Foundation), 48 children with a radiance of happiness, the result of the full dedication of Joy, Ulrike and all the staff. There is a birthday party once a month for the children, whose birthdays are during that month. All the guests were invited to the party for the seven January-children - what an unforgettable evening.
Unfortunately this was also our last evening, but we will definitely come back to Joy’s House and do some more trekking in the mountains. And the CSF encouraged us to think about helping children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawas dee kah,...We invite you to stay with our family in comfortable traditional houses in our tropical garden with Spa, Massage and Swimming Pool. Our restaurant will offer you the authentic Thai kitchen. We also guide you through NorthThailand. You will experience Thailand beyond the beaten tourist paths. Further more you can visit our Social Project „Children’s Shelter Foundation“ in the mountains. Warmheartedly welcome Joy & Ulli - Joy’s House Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Joy's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Joy`s House Hotel Chiang Mai