“Good food but service is lacking”
Review of Smoothie Garden Healthy Cafe - CLOSED

Smoothie Garden Healthy Cafe
Price range: USD 3 - USD 5
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We serve wide variety of fresh and healthy food, smoothies and fresh squeeze juices for your healthy experience
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Smoothie Garden was our favorite place to satisfy our pancake cravings.
They have good food, a nice outdoor sitting, a few steps away from Tha Phae gate, the heart of the tourist area in Chiang Mai.
However, the service is a little poor. The waitresses are often in a depressed mood (give us a little smile, no?), they often take a long time to take the order (but food comes pretty fast) and the thing that annoyed me most was that they often added a few additional baht on the bill "by mistake". I understand if it happened once, but 3 times is too much.

Still a good place though.

SmoothieGarden1, Owner at Smoothie Garden Healthy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Danial

We are sincely apologize to any issues that make you would not satisfy our restaurant.
We would like to clarify the issues of your concerns, firstly about taking order, we are the cafe system which is 90% of our customer will come to order at the cashier and also pay inside, but we also welcome to take order the customers who take a seat outside. However, we have to complete the order inside first the can go to serve you.

Secondly, we have the regulation about adding the bill which the extra costs are all showed in the menu list, for example if you wish to add extra ingredient into your food or drink, or you prefer no ice on your drink. Whether the mistake may occur once but it's not possible for us to always adding the bill to the customers, if there is any of your confuse, should not you ask us immediately. We are not intend to fraud or tricky to our customers.

Thank you for your feedback and we will make it more carefully on our duty.

There are newer reviews for Smoothie Garden Healthy Cafe

Reviewed 14 February 2013

It sounds and looks better than it is. Had the falafel pita and egg wrap. Both were ok but lacking flavor.

Good outdoor area to hang out though.

SmoothieGarden1, Owner at Smoothie Garden Healthy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear customer

Sorry to say that, We do not have "Egg wrap" in our menu, (we have "Healthy start breakfast wrap", which include scramble eggs, bacon, mayo, cheddar chess, and mixed of veggie) but some customer would like to create theire own dish, then we are please to serve you what you prefer.
We apologise that we can not guarantee the taste, how it gonna be.

Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I can't recommend this place enough! The smoothie menu is very varied and everything I tried from it was absolutely delicious, refreshing and just... happy! I also quite liked the snacks and salads they served, eggplant panini in particular.

It's a small and cozy place with very pleasant atmosphere. Definitely worth a stop for a cold drink in the afternoon.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Great area for people watching, sitting on the cute outside space. Good filling, and tasty wraps and a good old English breakfast tea. A little pricey compared to other places though.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I recently spent a week in Chiang Mai and found myself eating at the Smoothie Garden everyday!

It was my last week of a 15 week journey across India & Thailand, and at this point I was craving some healthy, nutritious, delicious food. Smoothie Garden gave was the perfect place!

I was able to get wheat grass shots, amazingly fresh juices and excellent food options. They even accommodated my request to toast the falafel rather than deep frying it, I really appreciated that :)

Everyone at the Smoothie Garden is so nice and I found it the perfect atmosphere for meeting other travellers.

If you're looking for healthy, nutritious food to give your body a break from the heavy pad thai's and other Thai dishes - Smoothie Garden is the place to be!

Jack Boken