Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
USD 27
Free cancellation until 25/09/21
eDreamsUSD 32
Trip.com
All reviews monkey room tha pae gate cool hotel massage places location is great
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I made reservation through hotel's web (enable you to choose a specific room) and was satisfied with room design very much. The design was beyond my expectation.

The location was excellent because it is near Tape Gate and convenient to go to Sunday market.

The pool is small but may be good for chidren. In fact, some family with children used it.

Caution: I used credit card to pay. The hotel's bill had showed both Thailand money and Japanese money. When I received a spec from credit card company afterwards, I found that just this hotel showed Japanese money (while all the other 4 hotels did Thailand money and the exchange rates were reasonable) and the exchange rate was very bad. It costs almost 70 TB for one night! Incredible! I am dissatisfied very much. I recommend to pay with CASH for this hotel. Or should receive a bill with only Thailand money.

Room tip: Monkey room I stayed is in 3rd floor so quite. I saw this room's photo was used in print material in the restaurant. I guess this room is representative for this hotel. Rat room and so in the 1st floor is near a pool and may be humid and noisy(young guests messed aroud in the pool)
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank a la m
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Mo rooms obviously, has unique very nice rooms. I stayed in both the rabbit room and the rat room and they are both very cozy. I liked the rat room better because there was more storage space. The courtyard with swimming pool is gorgeous. There is a bar/ restaurant (though it closes early) and the location is perfect between the night market and the old city.
However, I was not crazy about my stay at mo rooms. My main negative point is that I found the staff to be standoffish and cold. Though some of them were nice, many gave the impression of being bothered if I had a practical question. I got the impression they are also not used to single travelers here. Secondly, there was no mosquito screen on the door, and as all the rooms have individual entrances, there were mosquito's in my room.
In short, Mo rooms is definitely a must do, to experience the spectacular rooms, but it is a one night thing.

Room tip: The rat room is better than the rabbit room
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lindsay R
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is not for those pristine have to have it like the Hilton travelers. This is for the artists and art lovers who don't mind something different and are willing to really enjoy some great design. Each room was designed by a different artist. The whole place is worth walking through even if you don't choose to stay here. Reasonable pricing, really nice folks, right next to the old city walls (half a block away) close to all the good restaurants and night market. This place is really fun. But it's not a square room with a chair and a bed. In fact there may be nothing square in this whole place. Think movement and curves and interesting surfaces!

Room tip: Look at their website and then choose a one of a kind room!
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank MichaelBade
Reviewed 12 May 2012

As the slogan of the hotel "Art can live", it was even incredible than we expected. The decoration was stunning and full of nature. It was worthwhile to stay in the marvelous art work.

There is a small bar, the bartenders were friendly and very creative. We also loved thier food, Mo Penne was the best!

Room tip: Goat room was my favorite but no bathtub inside. You can ask the reception to take a tour of thier rooms.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank IamIsa
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed at Mo in February, Chiang Mai being our third city on the trip. Our first room had no windows, something my wife didn't like. We moved to a temp room for the night but had to vacate that in the morning. Our final option was a room that had a bed about 42 inches off the floor. It would have worked in our youth but we're now in our 60's. After a nice conversation with Praphon he allowed us to cancel the rest of our plans and we cut our trip short. I have nothing but nice things to say about the staff and management but this is definitely a place for younger travelers. Very nice atmosphere in the hotel.

Room tip: Discuss the room layout with the hotel before booking. Location is fantastic, walk to everything.
Date of stay: February 2012