“WOW”

Studio Naenna Textiles Gallery
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The textiles at this place are unbelievably beautiful. The lady who works there was very attentive and super friendly. The prices are higher than those you typically see in SEA but the quality is among the highest I've seen and the designs are spectacular. And, considering how long it takes to weave a single piece (months), I have no problem paying more than I've become used to. I also visited the weaving workshop just outside the city and it was well worth the (short) trip - I learned a lot and the location is beautiful and relaxed. I wish I'd had time to take one of their workshops.

1  Thank YankBritKiwi
in 9 reviews
"ikat"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 25 February 2016

My visit was in November 2015.
We arrived at Studio Naenna shortly after breakfast - just in time to see the studio coming alive. We were greeted at the gate by Lamorna Cheesman, studio manager and designer. The studio is located in a traditional Thai house on a big property at the end of a narrow winding road. Lamorna took us to the back of the house where their indigo plantation grows. She explained how they make the indigo paste and then took us to the other side of the house where the indigo vats are located. We were just in time to see a dying session in progress. Once inside the cool of the house, Lamorna introduced us to ikat dying and weaving.
I loved every minute of our visit to Studio Naenna. Lamorna was an excellent and most gracious tour guide. My only regret was that my visit did not coincide with one of the studio’s regular indigo workshops. I will just have to go back for that someday…
I wrote a more detailed post about my visit which can be viewed on The Fabric Thread blog.

3  Thank Wiebina
Reviewed 6 December 2015

In the trendy part of town close to the market stalls, this place is a hidden gem. I bought a beautiful top for my daughter and also had a dress made up for myself. Romana, the Australian lady who took my measurements very friendly and with her friendly nature assure me nothing would be too much trouble. I look forward to receiving my custom fitted design in the mail!

1  Thank Bravo59
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Studio Naenna run an excellent backstrap cotton weaving course. It takes place at the weaving studio near Chiang Mai university. It is vompletely hands on ....designing...organizing the coloured threads ...setting up the loom...and weaving. The local weaver who acts as a tutor could not be more helpful or encouraging. You also get to see other dying and products made too.

1  Thank kea2
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Amazing textiles - love the colours, the traditional and natural elements that is crafted into each piece of work is incredible! Also run by a lovely family who work closely with local Thai women on traditional Thai textiles. Would recommend to anyone wanting something beautiful for themselves, or a gift for a special someone or even just a look around - Also worth asking staff for their indigo dye workshops - I did that 1 month ago and it was soooo worth it and a lot of fun. Enjoy!!