Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent dye

Excellent natural dyes Textiles, experts in Natural Indigo fermentation process . Excellent fabrics... read more

Reviewed 4 June 2018
Jesus C
via mobile
A must see!

I went to see the studio I had heard so much about, and i was really impressed. Mother and daughter... read more

Reviewed 19 April 2018

from USD 52.53
from USD 26.38
from USD 131.30
More Info
All reviews natural dyes beautiful hand workshop ikat vats weaving
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Amazing textiles - love the colours, the traditional and natural elements that is crafted into each piece of work is incredible! Also run by a lovely family who work closely with local Thai women on traditional Thai textiles. Would recommend to anyone wanting something beautiful for themselves, or a gift for a special someone or even just a look around - Also worth asking staff for their indigo dye workshops - I did that 1 month ago and it was soooo worth it and a lot of fun. Enjoy!!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 25 February 2015

Definitely a highlight of our visit. Patricia Cheeseman founded Naenna in the 80s and took us around. Her daughter now manages the centre, which consists of the full spectrum of traditional Lao, Vietnamese and Thai textile making, from growing the plants which make the dyes, spinning, weaving, to final making of exquisite clothing. There is a small gallery with changing exhibits of old fabrics which are wonderful examples of traditional Asian textile craftwork. It was wonderful to see hill tribe women here working in their traditions. The shop contains wonderful clothes - scarves, shirts etc. We couldn't resist these unique items and bought up big. Patricia and her daughter Lamorna are doing fantastic work here to keep local textile traditions going. They deserve our full support. Don't miss it when you're in Chiang Mai.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank Fell0w_Traveller49
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

One of the best finds in the city. Amazingly delicate and fine silk and cotton products, all tastefully designed and lovingly made, integrating the traditional dyes and patterns with the contemporary taste that westerners would appreciate.

2  Thank Heidi414
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I went to Chiang Mai many times but had never been to Studio Naenna before. Since I've got some interested in Indigo I found this studio in website and been there last time that I went to Chiang Mai. A well- built Thai house style place peacefully among trees,it was very relaxing atmosphere around! Some Fa-Rung(whom a foreigner for Thai)appears but speak with Thai language fluently,how impressed! The overall area of studio is rather small. It was nice to meet with friendly lecturer and some cute oldy who concentrated on weaving job. Unfortunately for me that I didn't get in the right time so I didn't have chance to see Indigo dying process. If you are interested their products are sold here at studio and also at the shop at Nimman Road. They also have workshop for you to attend.

Date of experience: January 2014
6  Thank Nathida S
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The owner Lamona volunteered to pick us up at our hotel and take us to her studio in the hills above the city. What a delightful treat our visit turned out to be. Lamona, a red haired British accente - yet fluent in Thai - c gave us a tour of the dyeing area, a demonstration of the weaving, and a walk into the woods to show us where some of the natural dyes come from. She has a very interesting story to tell about her life and her studio. I could have spents hours longer. It was difficult to select what to buy, everytthing is so beautiful. Please take some time during your visit it Chiang Mai to visit her studio or her store in town. Thank you Lamona.

Date of experience: September 2012