“Green Palace is OK. It is cheap, it is close to the Old City, it has a lot of parking for cars, trucks and motorbikes.”
Review of Green Palace Hotel

Green Palace Hotel
Ranked #255 of 394 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The rooms are old and I think they only have single beds. There are TVs and they are old too. Nõ restaurant. But it is generally OK. there are 5 stories, and so a lot of rooms.the valets are OK and some of the rooms are quite large.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

I've booked 2 rooms for my girlfriend and parents. We drove 7.5 hours long from Nan to Chiang mai, but when we arrived at the hotel my father feel exhausted from a long trip so we have him rest at the front lobby for a while. Then I went to check in and the staffs there rejected us because the owner saw my father and told the staffs that she don't want any sick man in her hotel!!

I tried to explain to the staffs but they said they can't do anything about this and the owner insist to reject us, so we have to find another hotel that is more welcome and have some respect toward their guest.

So I just want to share the story about what I've experienced at this hotel. Definitely not worth coming again for me and suggest that you choose another hotel than this too.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sixpsy P
Reviewed 10 November 2015

Nice budget hotel located next to Nimman area. Around hotel can find food and coffee very easy. Hotel's room is clean and staff are also friendly. Real for value of money. Next time will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristnam15
Reviewed 10 November 2015

Room cost around 450 THB/night with aircon. Private bathroom in every rooms. Its location is very nice can walk to Nimman and Sirimang kalajarn. Easy to find food that 's just in walking distance. Hotel also offer parking lots and motorbike rental.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Domesak T
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The hotel is actually a decent place. Not fancy, but clean and reasonable. The front desk staff and the cleaning people were quite nice. But I am a seasoned traveler and have never been treated worse in my life at the hands of the manager (or owner I am not sure which). Thailand can be a place where people only see $$ signs instead of people, guests. and customers, especially if you are a foreigner. Unfortunately this was one of those places, and so I recommend that you not patronize that type of mentality.

Room Tip: don't do it.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1.6 km away
Mali's Room
Mali's Room
#145 of 394 in Chiang Mai

Been to Green Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Green Palace Hotel

Address: 70 Sirimanklajarn Rd, Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai 50200, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Region: Thailand > Chiang Mai Province > Chiang Mai
Ranked #255 of 394 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Price Range: $20 - $25 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Green Palace Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Green Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.