“The worst treatment I have ever had...”
Review of Green Palace Hotel

Green Palace Hotel
Ranked #255 of 394 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The hotel is actually a decent place. Not fancy, but clean and reasonable. The front desk staff and the cleaning people were quite nice. But I am a seasoned traveler and have never been treated worse in my life at the hands of the manager (or owner I am not sure which). Thailand can be a place where people only see $$ signs instead of people, guests. and customers, especially if you are a foreigner. Unfortunately this was one of those places, and so I recommend that you not patronize that type of mentality.

Room Tip: don't do it.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank ElizabethAnneHill

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Helpful and Polite staff, Clean rooms and very affordable, many nice eating places close by and Central department Store 10 minutes walk and plenty of Red cars or Taxis always available.
Great place to stay if your on a budget. Suitable for families and for better off backpackers.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: All were OK on each of my visits
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2014

I am surprised to see so many negative reviews. I really enjoyed my stay there! My boyfriend and I went there because our dentist was very close and we found it to be very well priced with clean rooms. Our room was approximately 480 baht which is much cheaper than we saw anywhere nearby. The room was nice, the bathroom was nice and clean as well and they brought us new towels and cleaned our room each day. I really have no complaints especially when the prices so good.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CC M
Reviewed 14 November 2014

Don't do it, I was taken here by another hotel owner who I booked with as he couldn't,accommodate me after I had booked, anyway I paid for the 3nights an went to the room I diddnt even open the bags as it was the worst room I had ever seen , it's not the cheapness that appeals to me but you wouldn't let someone you hated stay here I went straight back to reception and said can I have my money back the guy said why and I said the room is filthy he smiled and handed me my cash, please don't take a chance there are loads of hotels in the area ask to see a room fist. They will not be offended I looked at another few before choosing.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony R
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We went here because it was close to our dentist. We asked to see a room, they seemed totally uninterested and reluctant, when we saw the room we know why. It was discustingly dirty. We ended up going 25 metres to the Suandok Mansion. This place is not on tripadvisor but it is not bad. It is cheap and clean and the staff are great.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple