All reviews old city every morning refrigerator alley balcony nightlife
Reviewed 26 April 2017

It is an older guest house for budget traveller. They have bathtubs which is a rarity in guest houses. It is very central to all the action. Good food and things to do all around. A couple blocks from Thapae Gate. Blue Diamond restaraunt is 5 min.walk. Our bed was fine, slept well. Our room was toward the back of the building 2nd floor. All in all good for a few nights.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

My first visit to Chiang Mai- Kristi House was extremely reasonable and clean while being near some of the best places to eat. We had a fourth floor fan room that had a balcony with a wonderful view of one of the temples with the mountains as a background. Very serene and beautiful! The owners are very accomodating and friendly. I recommend you check them out.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 716richm
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I have stayed in Thailand for 15 days last Xmas holidays.Among these ones, 7 days I spent in Chiangmai. Kristi house is clean, comfortable, with friendly staff and a very nice owner/manager. He was always willing to provide us every suggestion, information and comfort we need. I stayed there with my husband. Thailand is a friendly place, I preferred Chiangmai because the weather wasn't as hot as Bangkok.

Room tip: On the top floor you can enjoy the landscape
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alejandraSicily
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel in the middle of the old town, friendly staff and 24/7 service.

In every room is smoking allowed, yet you wont smell anything dude to the powerful fans.

You cannot bring outside guests without them leaving the ID at the reception, which was the only downside.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2016

This place is very well-located just next to sunday night market, however in a small lane, you can enjoy the peace of the city. Owner is a friendly italian man. You can book tours in the hotel, they provide good price in general and can organise in a good way.

The room is huge and too good for the price, I paid 300b for a fan room of two persons, facility is enough for a budget traveller. The most important thing is, we got fan room and it is sleepable in the night in hot April. I have to say in Chiangmai April it is very difficult to find an AC room and you can still sleep. Btw, the hotel has nice sunset view from upper floor.

If I have to point out its weekness, it has to be its old facility. The house seemed like to have run for decades, many of its furnitures are quite old including toilet and bathtub.

Date of stay: April 2016