“First tapas experience”
Review of The Canteen

The Canteen
Ranked #214 of 2,298 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: USD 2 - USD 2
Description: Our tapas are small plates of a wide variety of international dishes eaten as appetizers or combined together to make a full colorful meal. We use only seasonal and regional ingredients from local suppliers and fresh markets.
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I hate to be the one to give the first 4 star rating. There is a LOT to like about this place. The staff was awesome and the environment was very cool. This was our first tapas experience actually and we rather enjoyed it. Everything was 5 star with the exception some of the flavors of the food. Some just needed more seasoning and that would have done it. The hummus was great and so was the cashew nut sweet bell pepper purée. I think we should have ordered more meat and maybe we would have found the flavors there. Don’t get me wrong? It was a really good experience. 4 stars is a place I will go back to. This just didn’t hit 5 stars for me.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon this restaurant in happen stance. This food is amazing! We ordered hummus dip / fresh spicy tomato salsa / roasted broccoli w miso sesame dressing / grilled chicken escabeche in white wine sauce. For drink: a red wine sangria.

To make it easier for you to add this to your must try list:
Ambiance: 10/10 Decor, lighting, music is the industrial chic vibe
Service: 10/10 Attentive staff and the food comes out pretty quick!
Menu: 10/10 If you are a vegetarian, vegan or meat lover they have a wide variety of everything!
Taste: 10/10 Seriously, we didn’t have a bad dish. It was all mouth watering to die for.
Price: 10/10 The average tapas was 60TB and the portions were larger than normal “Asian size” things - trust me, I am American we know big portions.

Hope this helps!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

it is located in the old city. the food here are all fresh and tasty. prices are all very reasonable and fair. the service and good and the staff are all very professional. worth the visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Great selection of tapas with many vegan options. Cheerful service and clean amenities. Most tapas 60 BHT. Wine and beer reasonably priced.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The food is genuinely fantasticand the servers are SUPER sweet. Skip all other restaurants in favor of this gem. Highly recommended and the prices are reasonable! (60-70 baht for each dish). The potatoes w/ garlic aioli, halloumi, and chicken with suicide sauce are particularly wonderful.