New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excellent trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crank Adventures - CLOSED

Crank Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Crank Adventures has developed a range of tours to suit all tastes. Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand is a biker’s paradise and we are the experts when it comes to bike adventures ranging from our renowned Chiang Mai and Surrounds sightseeing tour as recently featured on Australia's Getaway program, right through to a full week of XC mountain biking as featured many times on youtube. We are committed to Safe and Responsible Travel practices that do not disturb the locals or damage our environment. We give you safe, rewarding, memorable trips and are unmatched in our knowledge and expertise. We look forward to seeing you on a trip soon.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lund
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

The trip was really great and we saw everything that we wanted to see when we decided to go to Chiang Mai; Beautyfull nature, farms of different kind, local people etc. Damian was really nice and told us alot about the history of Chiang Mai along the road. We lost our wallet at the restaurant where we ate lunch but didn't found that out until late in the evening and we were going back the day after. Damian and his girlfriend was extremly helpful, and drove to the restaurant the day after, found the wallet and then dropped it to us at the airport; what a relief to get the credit cards back!
We only have positive things to say about the trip, Damian and Crank Adventures!

4 Thank MartinGunnang

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Favorite part of thailand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

Equipment was in great condition and trails were a blast! damian was knowledgeable and flexible allowing us to change our itinerary to a more challenging trails at the last minute when some of the less fit members of our group couldn't make it. Restaurant and lake after the ride were some of the best food i had in thailand

4 Thank frosty2009
San Francisco, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The HIGHLIGHT of my trip to Chiang Mai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

My friends and I spent four days in Chiang Mai. We did the usually temples, night markets, etc. At the end of the trip, we all agreed that the one day bike tour we did with Crank Adventures was the BEST part of our trip. Damian the owner, is amazing, friendly, and VERY knowledgeable. Honestly, when I booked the tour, I didn't expect the owner to ride with us. I thought it would be the generic tours where, you get placed with a local guide and just bike around the city and the surrounding area, especially since it was only four of us. I was wrong! Damian rode with us! Just having Damian on the trip was fun. You can talk to him about anything! The bikes they prepared for us was top notch! Safety first! That day, it was only three friends, myself, Damian, and a local guide AND a taxi followed us as well just in case someone needed a new bike or couldn't bike anymore. We did the "rolling highlights of Chiang Mai." We started off in the city of Chiang Mai and made our way towards the Ping River. It was very nice to get out of the city. The countryside is BEAUTIFUL and the people are VERY FRIENDLY. The first stop was a temple of the other side of the river. Along the way we made stops to try out local snacks and local fruits. Also, the local tour guide often times pointed out the local plants in the area and explained the usage of it. Then we made our way deeper into countryside to the McKean Institute. Afterward, we biked back towards the city and stopped for lunch at a place next to the Ping River. Very delicious lunch, and the people working there were very friendly. I remember when we were biking back, we saw a boy selling two fighting beetles. We stopped to check it out, my friend decided to buy it because he wanted to see the two fight. Instead, Damian offered to pay to for it and bought as a gift for us. We continued along the Ping River and stopped at a some monument (the guide will explain the significance and the tradition in the Ping River where locals float things down the river). Then we biked back to the city from the other side and stopped at a local market and finally made our way to Three Kings Monument in the middle of the city and then back to tavern.
This one day trip, VERY WORTH IT. If you cannot do the two or three days adventures because of time limitation, the one day trip will do. This trip is friendly for families and people of all ages because it was not intense. It feels like a stroll through the countryside. Damian like I have said before is very knowledgeable, so if don't know what else to do in the area, ask Damian. If I go back to Chiang Mai, I would do this or another one of Crank Adventure's trip!

4 Thank my_acers
thaimountainbiker, Owner at Crank Adventures, responded to this review, 9 September 2009
Hi there,
Thanks very much for the great review!
I'm not 100% sure who wrote it though?
Anyway, I'll figure it out.
Cheers and thanks again, much appreciated!
Damian
Paris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chill-out Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

As we were only spending a week-end in the Chiang Mai area, my boyfriend and I wanted to make the most of it and hike around the area famous for its landscapes and hilltribes. Trying to make my way through the multiple trekking offers on the internet, I chose Crank Adventures based on its reviews on TripAdvisor and I am glad I did! As I am not so much into cycling, I asked them about the possibility to do a 2-day hike. Damian very promptly got back to me suggesting a 1.5/2-day overnight trekking/bamboo rafting adventure. The tour was very well structured with a 4-hour hike on day 1 and 3-hour bamboo rafting on day 2. The organisation was spotless. Damian and Mr. Win were very knowledgeable about the area. They are also very friendly and easy going. In a nutshell, we were delighted with our trip!
My boyfriend is staying longer in Thailand and is likely to try one of the mountain biking tours. On the day we returned from Chiang Mai, he had alreay recommended Crank Adventures to a couple colleagues of his.

5 Thank nguyensol
Katonah,NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Our bike trip with Crank Advenures was a highlight of our trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

Damian was great in planning our trip that needed to satisfy the four different levels of bike riders in my family. My husband is a very experienced mountain biker, my daughter loves to ride, but is only 13, my son is 15 and not interested in mountain biking at all and I like to ride, but was more interested in a mellow ride with a good glimpse of the local scenery. Our trip managed to keep everyone happy.

7 Thank Kathy1053