Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Hershey Rose

Wonderful stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Mar 2024
Excellent stay— the staff and service were excellent. Food was great— chef did wonderful job of showcasing northern Thai cuisine —truly enjoyed the Bonvoy Elite evening meal and cocktail service. One of the best experiences in Southeast Asia.
Date of stay: November 2023
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 12 Apr 2024
Dear O2934VUrhondah,

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear such positive comments regarding your stay. I am pleased that our cuisine, service and Club Lounge contributed toward a memorable trip.

AU$205
    AU$116
3.9 km from Chiang Mai Marriott Hotel
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
4,673 results
All reviews le meridien night market latest recipe favola restaurant the club lounge executive suite concierge desk mountain view doi suthep breakfast buffet old city wonderful hotel thai food tuk tuk lm marriott platinum
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2024 via mobile

Incredible property with knowledgeable caring staff made our 6 day visit to Chiang Mai memorable. Great location walking
distance to myriad of restaurants, old city is nearby, with 1st class Favola restaurant on sight. Beautiful spacious lobby greets you upon arrival and sleeping rooms are remolded and tastefully appointed. Pool and health club are top notch as are restaurants and meeting rooms. One of the finer city based Marriott properties in their portfolio

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank brucet254
Le Meridien Chiang Mai, Owner at Chiang Mai Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2024

Dear brucet254,

I am pleased that our cuisine, service and location contributed toward a memorable trip.

Reviewed 16 March 2024

Did a spa treatment at Quan Spa at the Marriot Chiang Mai. Yui, the therapist was excellent. She was attentiveness and she helped relieved the knotted aches for me. Thank you for the great spa session Yui.

Great facility and wonderful ambience.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Noname6789,

Thank you for visiting our Quan Spa and writing your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your treatment by K.Yui. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on any future trips to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 8 March 2024 via mobile

Chaing Mai is a beautiful city with lots of characters! The people are very nice and hospitable! The hotel staff are wonderful people and they make you feel very special. Breakfast and restaurants are excellent! The staff at the Quan Spa ( Ao and Jiab) are both excellent and tends to your needs! We also had the pleasure dealing with PLA in the restaurant. She is very tentative to our needs and very friendly! Excellent and must do again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear O4238MXmikem,

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear such positive comments regarding your stay. I am pleased that our Cuisine, service and facilities contributed toward a memorable trip.

Thank you for recognizing K. Ao, Jiab and K. Pla at the Quan Spa and restaurant who made your experience positive.

I have shared you feedback to K. Ao, Jiab and K. Pla and all concerned associates who made your experience positive.

Reviewed 6 March 2024

Truly a five star experience. Without requesting, as a Lifetime Titanium, I was immediately upgraded to a lovely suite. All staff members were not only well-trained but very caring. Numerous managers came by and chatted numerous times. Very visible. The transition was still underway but the M Club options were great The hotel is a short walk to the river, to old town, and the night market -- so a privileged location. While there was some renovating going on somewhere every area I accessed was sparking clean. Lovely views. I'd very happily return in an heartbeat.

Room tip: Honestly, the higher the floor the better the views.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Le Meridien Chiang Mai, Owner at Chiang Mai Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2024

Dear BonVovage2U,

I am pleased to read that our facilities and location had contributed to a memorable experience for you.

Reviewed 1 March 2024

The Marriott Chiang Mai, formerly the Le Meridien, is a recently renovated property that on the surface does reflect an actual 5 star hotel. The interior design is neat and the hotel smells lovely. The room is already a bit weary but I guess they have very wild guests?

Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a room with Mountain View which also gives you views over the old town. Again, this property also does not give lounge access to their elite members unless you are on the highest tier, something that essentially goes against the terms&conditions of Marriott Bonvoy but seems to be the accepted norm in Thailand where hotels can decide individually what benefits they adhere to and what not, regardless of the terms&conditions that are set out by Marriot. This is something that is worrying and can make your Bonvoy Elite membership obsolete. Because of this, I would not advise anyone to spend actual money to climb the Bonvoy ladder and instead choose a different Brand to do so. If I may suggest, I suggest Hyatt.

The room itself had some wear and tear but the biggest problem was that it was not clean! This seems to be a massive problem in Thailand and on this occasion I have actually seen what the problem is. When we left the hotel to go out and wander, we asked for the room to be cleaned at reception. Upon return a few hours later, the room was still not clean despite housekeeping claiming that they cleaned the room in our absence. When I explained and showed them what actually needed to be cleaned such as the floor that was sticky all over and had lots of spots on it, crumbs from the former guest on the floor near the table etc. I finally saw what the problem is. They don’t actual hoover the floor nor clean it with a mop, they simply change sheets, clean the toilet and shower and give the rooms to new guests! After pointing out everything that needed to be cleaned, they brought in an actual hoover but still no mop. I am not kidding when I say that she cleaned the floor spot by spot on her hands and knees with a sponge right in front of us and it took her over 30 minutes! This is by far the most inefficient way to clean a floor which is why you can still see their cleaning carts in the hallways past 6pm! After she cleaned the floor by hand, another one came in with a hoover which is totally wrong as you hoover first and mop after! You don’t hoover a wet floor because that will result in moving the now wet dirt fro A to B. You hoover the dirt away first and then you clean the floor with detergent and a mop! Cleaning in Thailand seems to be a big challenge as they clearly don’t know how to effectively clean a room, wasting time and money for absolutely no reason.

The hotel apologised for this and gave us some hotel credit and brought some croissants over to the room. I do appreciate that everyone in the hotel was very friendly and courteous. Breakfast in this hotel was disappointing as well as this hotel was also serving pork, pork and more pork. I am not a muslim but there are more people who don’t eat pork. Some are allergic to it and some just find it an unsanitary animal, some are vegan or vegetarian and some simply don’t like the taste of it. I don’t know if costs is playing a factor here because the Thai kitchen as I know it for many years now always consisted of Prawn and Chicken. I am wondering if the sudden increase of Chinese and Taiwanese people in Thailand has prompted them to serve more pork. Either way, as a western hotel chain I think you should serve a wide variety of choices at breakfast and this sadly wasn’t the case. There were again no real Vegan options. No plant based yoghurt either in 2024 so good luck if you are lactose intolerant.

Other than that, this was a good hotel and the location was very good as well. You can walk to the old town in 10 minutes, the pool was beautiful as was the restaurant adjacent to it. The pizza I had by the pool was top quality. The night market was around the corner though not for me, location was perfect if you are visiting for this. I would actually happily stay here again though there is no real benefit to being a Bonvoy member as such and therefore I still won’t progress with my Bonvoy membership.

Date of stay: February 2024