Lamphu Tree House
USD 556
USD 529
Priceline
1,916 results
All reviewssecond buildingkhao san roadtaxi drivermain buildinggrand palacedemocracy monumentthe riverswimming poolminute walkwalking distanceair consmall balconynice poolquiet arearooms are cleanbuffet stylesuperior room
Reviewed 9 June 2011

this place has the nicest staff. I started my 5 week long journey here and came back to fly out and they all remembered me by name! I also just walked in after a long train ride and was able to go to my room at 9am and eat the great continental breakfast. HOnestly an awesome place, nice pool, air con is strong and location to kohsan road is great amongst other tourist spots. worth the little extra money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights at the beginning of our trip and one night at the end. We had pre-booked the first stay but just walked up for the second. Both stays were good. We chose this is it was well located to Khan San Road for the last night of the New Year Celebrations. Staff were very polite and helpful, giving us maps and directions and even a wakeup call when we slept in after booking an early taxi. Free Wi-Fi was handy though I was disappointed to see that you had to pay to use the computer's in the lobby - But at a very low price so no big deal. Rooms were fine, clean with god showers and balcony,, reasonable mini bar. Breakfast was good, the pancakes were lovely. Taxi service arranged by the hotel was also really useful, used it twice for internal flights- tolls roads are included so you can rest assured that the flat rate is all you will pay and that this is reasonable. We used other taxis coming back from the airport and ended up paying a fair bit more. Would definitely go again...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed twice over a three week period, of 3 nights and 2 nights. Clean, quiet, comfortable and the front desk staff were ever so helpful, but the real bonus was the hidden ease of getting to everything. A 1km walk to the river and a 14THB ride on the local ferry system delivered you to the palace, Wats and China Town etc. A 1km walk along the klong upstream to where the klong forks and for 9THB and 3 stops later on the local but fast and exhilarating local ferry down the klong you are at Siam Centre and the sky train network. (Quicker and cheaper than any taxi ride) The ease of getting to Khao San Rd has been documented by others, making the Lamphu Tree House Hotel an excellent choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob-Carol-Pinjarra
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I have stayed in many different places in Bangkok and Lamphu Tree House is definately the best. Just far enough away from the Koa San Road in a quiet canal side location the rooms are great, there's a small pool to cool off and a good breakfast. The best and most comfortable bed that I had slept in in a while! The cheaper rooms have no tv, which I must admit was a suprise given the cost of the room.

Room Tip: the lower price has no tv or view
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Travellingtoes
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We spent 4 nights in the Lamphu Tree House in May 2011. First impressions are wonderful, the hotel lobby and restaurant is clean and bright and the decor lovely old Thai teak. The pool area is gorgeous, too.
We booked a standard room which was a little disappointing, if I'm honest. The decor's tired and the bathroom was pretty shabby. No TV (that didn't bother us but it might others), but for around £25 a night, I was hoping for a little more.
However, the location is quiet and if you turn left down the soi when you leave, you come to a bar called Rolling Bar (just under the bridge over the canal). This is a great bar with fab live music and good beer / food! We loved it. Khao San is only 5 mins away if you like Camden Town in Thailand, and Wat Pho, Grand Palace, etc, are walkable too.
All in all, we liked the hotel very much - the staff are really lovely but perhaps the standard rooms need a little updating.

• Stayed: May 2011