“Good beef”

Medium Rare Steak & Wine
Ranked #712 of 12,884 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: USD 12 - USD 27
Neighbourhood: Ari
Description: Passion in cooking driven, and attempts to find a good reasonable priced and quality steakhouse in the neighborhood in Bangkok, Medium Rare Steak & Wine has it all. Medium Rare offers only just a handful of dishes. Imported meats as main ingredients starting from 150 days grain-fed Angus beef, Live Boston Lobsters, Live Imported Oysters from France and the US, to Lamb from the down-under & more.
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered ribeye steak and beef stroganoff pasta. The steak is a bit too salty but the quality of the beef made it ok. The pasta was excellent.

Date of visit: July 2017
Nate T, General Manager at Medium Rare Steak & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I visited Bangkok from the United States the week of June 12, 2017 and dined at a range of restaurants and food carts throughout the week. The final meal of my trip was at Medium Rare Steak & Wine, which is the best decision that I had made that entire trip. Upon arrival, I was greeted kindly by the owner, who was very welcoming and extremely hospitable / caring of my dining needs throughout the entire stay.

The meal started off sampling a variety of wines, which were some of the deepest and flavorful European blends that I had tasted in some time. Throughout the multiple course meal, I dined on a variety of plates, from the house specialty aged steaks to seafood delicacies and unique appetizers. Every item had was of the finest cut and quality, full of flavor and truly cooked to perfection.

To be short and sweet with this review to keep your attention, though I certainly could carry on, I will confidently share that this is the best dining experience that I have ever had... not just on my trip to Thailand... but in my adult life.

From the wait service to the food quality to the exceptional hospitality, I will always remember my visit to Medium Rare Steak & Wine and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a one-of-a-kind dinner while in Bangkok.

Cheers!

Date of visit: June 2017

Dear Kyle

Thank you so much for your detailed review!! Much appreciated!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Just had dinner here on a sunday and I must say I really like this place! This cozy restaurant is perfect for a casual date or a date with friends. The service staff including the parking attendants are excellent throughout.

We ordered the mussels, potato chips, boston lobster and australian ribeye. Would have loved to try the aged ribeye but they only had 800g and up available which was too much for us. The mussels with white wine and lemon zest was one of the best i've had in Bangkok! Absolutely plump, fresh and juicy, I was so tempted to get an additional serving. Will definitely come back for this. Potato chips was crispy and tasty. We also had a 1200g grilled and serve boston lobster with crystallized butter and it was soooo good, way better than the famous cr*b and cl*w. We were a tad disappointed that the highlight, our 'medium' 270 day grain fed aus ribeye steak, was served almost well done although I must mention that the steak was perfectly seasoned and we enjoyed it nevertheless. I look forward to trying a medium-rare steak on a future visit. Our bill for 2 including dessert and drinks worked out to ard 6400 thb which it is good value IMO.

All in all, I think this place is a great find in Bangkok and will definitely recommend to my friends.

Date of visit: June 2017
Nate T, General Manager at Medium Rare Steak & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear eatwelltravelwell

Thank you so much for giving us your review and feedback! We strive very hard to make sure our guests have a smooth and excellent experience dining with us from begining to end.

On behalf of my staff and definitely including myself, please accept our sincere apologies for your steak gone overcook. We take our doneness of our steak very seriously and thank you for letting us know of this mistake! We also are very pleased to learn the night went at your satisfactory level. Please let us know the next time of your visit, kindly inform us by showing this message to one of our staff, we'll be delighted to offer you a replacement of our finest 270 day grain-fed black angus ribeye free of charge! (this one time offer never expires until you have your steak replacement) And please do not worry, our staff is not to be charged out of his own pocket for this so don't worry. Mistakes do happen, and we are thankful you gave us the opportunity to learn from our mistakes!

If you'd like to send us a message through Line directly, please do so @mediumrarebkk and we'd happy to take your reservation ahead.

Once again, thank you very much for your amazing feedback! We look forward to shaping your new favorite place into a more satisfied experience!

Nate T.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Discovered this hidden gem on my last visit to Bangkok. The best part they serve GUINNESS on Tap!

The Beef soup was the best I have ever had, that followed by some drunken lamb and grilled Lamb both outstanding. The STAR of the evening - THE STEAK.. Soft, juicy and done to perfection. They actually import WAGYU Beef from australia for the steak and cure it.

Service of the staff a big big thumbs up and overall an amazing experience. Cant wait to go back enjoy another steak,

Date of visit: May 2017
Nate T, General Manager at Medium Rare Steak & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Jigar
Thank you for your visit and review! This means so much to us at Medium Rare Steak & Wine! We look forward to your next visit to Bangkok again in the near future!

Nate T

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I was very surprised to find in Bangkok a good and original steak house with aged meet. The term of the steal was to perfection. The wine selection was fine but limited. The atmosphere was good and the service superb. I do recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: May 2017
Nate T, General Manager at Medium Rare Steak & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Jorge F
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the rest of Thailand's travellers! Despite the fact that we have been in the business only a year and a half, we strive to make the best of what we do. We appreciate your feedback and will share with the rest of the staff.

Once again, thank you! We look forward to welcome you back again in the near future!

Nate T.