“Authentic German pub.”

Bei Otto
Ranked #560 of 12,537 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: USD 15 - USD 25
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The leading German Instituiton for over 30 years in Bangkok and Thailand.
Reviewed 13 January 2017

My friend found this place on the internet.We wanted German food,but did not know where to go.We absolutely loved this restaurant and this restaurant is absolutely authentically German.The food was good-we had Wiener Schnitzel,shpatzle and Hoffbrau lager.

1  Thank Diana R

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I first ate here in 1989.

How nice to report that it has not changed one bit in all those years.

Hearty German fare. Great beer (possibly the best selection of draft German beers on tap in the whole city).

Credible wine list. Reasonable prices. Excellent staff.

Open all hours. With an interesting Deli next door with everything from smoked ham to Löwensenf scharf Mustard from Düsseldorf.

Hard not to waste an afternoon here if you have time on your Hans (sorry, hands).

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

We had a great lunch at Otto but we left with 200USD bill for 4 person lunch that's way too expensive for Thailand and Bangkok. The food is authentic and big portions but considering the rather slow service and no ice water is served again the price for the dishes and the service is too expensive. A deduction of 20% would be reasonable but I guess it's too popular so why changing the prices anyway with this price and service level not going to return.

1  Thank germantravel78
Reviewed 23 December 2016

This is my second visit to this great restaurant. Fabulous atmosphere in the middle of Bangkok. We had the crispy pork knuckle and homemade sausages. Both dishes very incredible good. I have to admit I never been in Germany but my foreign boyfriend says that the flavour of the food is very genuine. As he was drinking German beer all night I went for the Riesling house wine. Very tasty.

1  Thank AUTCHAS
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Always when I am in Sukhumvit area I have to go to Bei Otto. Most authentic German food and great draught beer from Munich. My friends and me shared the Christmas Platter which was brilliant. The imported goose was the highlight. A must try!!!! Thank you to the Bei Otto team!!!! Until soon