“Helpful staff... Great view, but tough in a wheelchair. ”

Vertigo Grill and Moon Bar
Good for: View details, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thung Maha Mek
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Another review based on wheelchair access... Trying to be objective and inform other chair users too.

Really simply:

The food is very good, but over priced.

The service is excellent.

The access isn't great.... The lift will take you to the 59th floor and then you need to go up a very narrow, switchback staircase followed by another, wider staircase. My chair is small and I'm quite light, but it took four waiters considerable effort to get me up these stairs. That said, they were happy to help and I was comfortable to be helped in this manner. (Don't visit here if you're not)

The view is STUNNING and made everything in the paragraph above worthwhile (for me).

For the owners: I can't help thinking that a lift (even a very basic one) would be a simple addition and benefit you in the long run.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Andrew B
Write a reviewReviews (6,098)

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Easily the best rooftop view in Bangkok - it's stunning at sunset. The food and drinks are overpriced but combined with the view and excellent service it's a great experience.

One special mention for the staff - my husband is in a wheelchair and carried him up the remaining two flights of stairs to get to the restaurant. They didn't have to do that because there is a restaurant on the 59th floor - so kudos to them!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Unique experience
A most do ,we got a good table
Nice service
Good food
Under you a booming city of live
They come on table to take a Nice foto of you like THE picture here

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Stayed at banyan tree you can go up to vertigo bar. Amazing views! I didn't actually eat anything but the food looked great.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 9 January 2016

My husband and I dined at the Vertigo on the first night of our honeymoon in Thailand. Above all, this restaurant has incredible views of Bangkok and a wonderful ambiance. The service is outstanding and the staff very attentive. My husband ordered the duck which was one of his favorite meals on the entire trip (and we ate a lot!). I ordered the vegetarian curry and was disappointed given that it was close to the same price as the duck and the portion was extremely small with limited sauce. That aside, it was just what we wanted to experience in Bangkok and if you looking for an meal with a view this is a great spot. If you are more price conscious a drink at the bar will suffice as well!

Date of visit: December 2015