“Homely Comfort is my description”

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #72 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed in a 2 bedroom connecting studio from 12th to 15th November at this property after a strong recommendation and am absolutely proud of my choice.

Firstly, for a plethora of food choices, convenience and just to be within the LIFE of Bangkok, Sukhumvit is the best bet. Being on the Sukhumvit and still being tucked away in a quiet corner is I think the biggest positive of Fraser Suites.

The rooms - Huge is the word and connected 2 bedroom studio made it a complete home. Superb modern amenities, a fully equipped kitchenette including washing machines in each bedroom, brightly lit by daylight, very airy, excellent airconditioning, well spaced and well planned bathrooms, and a very comfortable lounge and bed made this stay one of my most memorable ones of my entire life. The staff - especially at the reception and at the entrance was delightfully welcoming and extremely helpful. Even the manager at Aqua - their all day restaurant was very jovial and used to jump into great conversations.

Location - Tucked away in an emptier lane connected to Soi 11. Atms, money exchange, 7/11s, restaurants, taxi, tuktuk and mobikes available just outside the gate, taxis called inside the hotel premises at no extra charge. The location was completely flawless. They also had a complimentary tuktuk service upto Nana station on the main road and were more than willing to drop guests outside or pick them up from outside if called. Their black tuktuk was easily identifiable with Fraser Suites written on it.

Breakfast and service - although we had requested a room on the higher floor, we were alloted one on the 14th floor since their higher floor rooms were full. Hope they would have more seriously considered my one month prior request for a 4 month old reservation. Nevertheless, views from the 14th floor were also great, so I have no complaints. Breakfast was on the 5th floor at their restaurant named Aqua by the pool. Agreed that their offering was limited for vegetarians, but it was pretty fair. Although, if they keep getting more Indian guests, they can add a couple of more vegetarian items to the spread and make it perfect. The watchful management will surely take care of that on their own, I can guarantee.

I would fondly conculde my review by saying that I'm 100 % sure of returning here whether with friends or family and will be recommending this accomodation to all my loved ones.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Puaykin
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Dear Puaykin,

We are happy you chose to stay with us at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services met with your expectations. We always try to accommodate our guests on the higher floors because of the stunning views, however during the busy season these rooms are always in high demand. However, as you pointed out even the lower floors have a nice view of the city.

Although our facilities really are great we always appreciate when the staff are mentioned as one of the key attributes for making your stay exceptional. We at Frasers believe the uniqueness always starts from our personal care to help rejuvenate your experience in Bangkok.

Your words of thanks really help motivate our team members and help them to continue to improve. We hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I had a last minute booking and really wanted a room on one of the top floors, the stab was very helpful and I waited 15 minutes and got a room in 29th floor with a wonderful view
Big bathroom and even bigger bathtub with a lot of space for me and my girlfriend!
We will be coming back for a longer stay next time in Bangkok and I will recommend my friends this facilities

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gunnar g
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear gunnar g,

We are happy you stayed with us at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services exceeded your expectations. At Frasers we do our best to serve our customers so they feel more comfortable and rejuvinated during their stay. Your words of thanks really help motivate our team members and help them to continue to improve.

We hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

For my first trip to Bangkok I was advised to stay at the Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and I have to admit that it was really a good experience. the rooms are spacious and well equipped. Bathrooms are very lovely and Kitchenette has everything one needs. My check in and out worked perfectly and the ladies working in the lobby are speaking very well English. The baggage handlers at the entry are very helpful if you need something (e.g. Taxi) or if you have a question about a trip you want to do within Bangkok.
Like some people mentioned before, there is a 7/11 right across the road and many bars, restaurants and even discos within 5 min. walk. By the way, I was never bothered by the noise of any of these.
If there was one thing which bothered me it was the breakfast, which is really poor. Food is so so and if you're unlucky you don't even get a table and have to wait 20 minutes or more. This is not acceptable. The waiter who works in the breakfast room got all my respect, seeing him handle all these people almost alone and still he was very friendly, smiling and helpful, every morning.
On the whole, this place provides good value for money in a good location, but if the hotel is fully booked you could encounter some inconveniences (e.g. no table for breakfast).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Chris-T-393,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit during your first trip to Bangkok! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms, bathrooms and kitchenettes. Thank you for mentioning the front desk staff which it is great to hear you had a nice welcome from our ladies and gentlemen.

You are correct if we are fully booked our breakfast is for sure going to by a busy area. However, I am glad to see that our breakfast team was cheerful and helpful.

On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Bangkok.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Such a fabulous property. Great location, service, interiors, comforts, food. Ideal for party hopping, shopping and family trips to Bangkok. Families will love this, especially those with young kids - two TVs, kitchenette, all appliances. Will go back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear kdesaran,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and our location, services, interiors, comforts and food. We are located in the heart of Sukhumvit near to all of the great shopping and eating-places Bangkok has to offer. However, if you want to stay in you can cook in our in room kitchenettes including all necessary appliances.

On behalf of my team we look forward to your return and be sure to stay longer than two nights!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

After a less than ideal experience at another property on Soi 11, I moved to the Fraser Suites. Wow, what an improvement.

The property was modern and clean, the service was excellent and the rooms were fantastic!

I had the One Studio and I was impressed with the size of the room. Cool tile floors, clean lines in the room, a big beautiful bathroom with a frameless glass shower. A separate sitting / dining areas with very nice furniture and a small kitchenette along with an in-room washing machine make this a place in which I could be comfortable for a long time.

The food at the hotel restaurant was quite good and not priced outrageously. While not part of the hotel, you might also check out Above 11, a Peruvian restaurant at the top of the building (entrance around back.) More expensive than the in-house restaurant but great food and WOW! what a view!

The next time I want to say in the heart of Bangkok, this is where I will be.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear idoru99,

We are happy to hear you found good value staying at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit after a bad experience staying at another hotel on Soi 11. We pride ourselves in having a modern property offering large rooms and bathrooms that don't make you feel crowded. We are glad you were able to enjoy the view from Above Eleven.

On behalf of our team we look forward to your return next time you visit Bangkok.