“Excellent”

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 12,424 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: USD 60 - USD 200
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Located in the business district of Sathorn, on the 5th floor of MahaNakhon CUBE,near the future highest tower of Bangkok, l'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok is a restaurant based on conviviality that allows the customers to observe the preparation of the dishes. L'Atelier welcomes the customers in a friendly and peaceful place where the executive chef Olivier Limousin and his staff prepare Joel Robuchon's classic dishes in small or large portions. At L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok you can choose between the counter service or La Terrace, with table service. Two private rooms are also available.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Second L’Atelier that I’ve dined at in Asia. Everything was perfect. I had the degustation menu and could not have been more satisfied. Stop by Vogue Lounge if you need to kill time before dinner. Located on the top floor of Mahanakorn Cube (same building).

Highly recommended.

Gianvito Z, Manager at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Alan O,

Greetings from L'Atelier,

I perfectly remember you, from last Friday!

It was a pleasure to meet you and we are very happy to read that you enjoyed the experience, here with us.

Thank you for this very kind feedback and looking forward to seeing you very soon again!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to Robuchon many times and been impressed by the quality of foods and services here every times. The food is delicious and very beautiful. All the staffs are really well trained with service mind and knowledge on the foods and wines. I strongly recommend this restaurant, especially on your special event (e.g. birthday party, etc.).

Dear Atichart_O,

Greetings from L'Atelier!

In behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for this very kind feedback.
We always try our best to reach the satisfaction of the people and when we succeed, like in your case, we are very happy.

You made our day!

Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We had a lovely lunch at Atelier Robuchon and really enjoyed ourselves very much.

It was a great pleasure to sit at "The Bar" and watch the chefs work while eating and having a nice conversation with my wife.

The restaurant is special...is it my style? No...does it have to be? No....it is a bit like one enters a different world, one in red and black. Everything is perfect, the fruits and vegetables in the big glass bowls, the plants (I just like a bit more sun during lunch) But all of that is definitely nothing less than 5 stars

We had the lunch menu and everything was cooked to perfection, the presentation was nice, the taste excellent. I can see that all the products used are top quality (as one expects no less in this category of restaurants)

The bread basket needs a special mention....just simply stunning, warm and crisp, every bread made with love....a great start of the meal

The low point from the food side: The lobster Spaghetti...even so super tasty and lovely, there was just too much oil in and it was really heavy at the end

Dessert trolley was another highlight....we love desserts and it was really difficult to chose....and it is so nice to have this super traditional course with a trolley....would love to see it more often in restaurants

For me it was a bit the service that didn't match the food.....don't get me wrong, the service was super professional, but we are in Thailand and I am missing the Thai friendliness, the smiles, the charm....it just felt a bit stiff

It is a minor but I like to taste my wine that is recommended to accompany my menu....just to pour it in the glass like this is what we have chosen for you...it just felt a bit arrogant (but that is maybe just me)

And then I think to charge 250 Baht++ for a sprite, even with a Michelin star...is a bit of a rip off. I really don't mind to pay for good food and wine and I have to admit every cent spent was worth it...except for a soda

Would we come back...sure, it was a great experience....but there are too many other good restaurants in BKK that we have to try before coming back

Gianvito Z, Manager at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear CountryGourmetTravel,

Greetings from L'Atelier!
Thank you very much for your comment and I'm happy that the overall experience has been positive.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the seating at the counter in from of the open kitchen, the classic concept of L'Atelier.
I sadly read than unfortunately you felt a bit stiff, even if the service was professional, actually we always try to create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Thank you very for your precious feedback regarding this topic, we will try to improve.

Concerning the wine, we did not let you try because it was a pairing, but of course, for the wine by glass to try it before it's mandatory.
In any cases, for the next time we will be more than happy to let you try it before.

Thank you again for your visit and comment,

looking forward to seeing you next time,
we will work hard hoping your next visit it will be perfect rather than nearly.

Best Regards

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

All I can said is lovely ambience, good service and delicious cuisine! Thank the staff who gave us great wine recommendation to pair with our food.

1  Thank Jonathan F
Gianvito Z, Manager at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Jonathan F,

Greetings from L'Atelier!

Thank you very much for your kind comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the experience and specially the recommendation of our Team for the wine pairing.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Best regards

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We dined here on a Tuesday night towards the end of our stay in Bangkok. Wow what a way to complete our holiday. We were seated directly in the middle of the bar and could watch the kitchen work, producing beautiful creations. The concept of sitting on high stools around a tabletop which looks into the kitchen really works. You feel like you are at the Theatre and it’s a sensory overload. We had the seasonal “Menu From The Sea” with the wine pairing. I cannot fault the quality, taste or presentation. We were really well looked after by all the staff and the head chef greeted us with a warm welcome...... a really nice touch. Visit this amazing restaurant and you won’t be disappointed. It’s a unique experience for foodies. Bravo!

1  Thank simmo4414
Gianvito Z, Manager at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear simmo4414,

Greetings from L'Atelier!

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the whole experience,
starting from the seating at the counter which is the classic concept of L'Atelier, where we can really watch the chefs preparing the dishes in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere.

Happy that you appreciated the special "Menu from the sea" created by our Executive Chef Olivier.
This is a seasonal menu changing every two months.

In behalf of all the Team I would like to thank you for this very kind review.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.