“Pullman Bangkok”

Pullman Bangkok King Power
Ranked #63 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I recently stayed for only one night but I wish that I could have stayed for longer. The room was generously proportioned, very comfortable and quiet. It included all amenities and getting connected was a breeze. Check-in was friendly and efficient and I was escorted to the room and my bags arrived within minutes of me stepping into the room. A great experience in a pleasant and very local area of this thriving city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Pullman Bangkok King Power

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Picked this hotel due to the ratings on tripadvisor,being an accor member and loving the fact I could book the executive suite for a really reasonable price (£140 per night for their best room! Cool!). I knew we were a little further away from the main tourist areas but were happy to know there was transport to the nearest BTS and it was only a couple of stops away,

Our room was ready when we arrived and we had an efficient check in , in the executive lounge with a cold towel and welcome drink. We were shown to our wonderful suite, which was exellently appointed with fab views and a cool bathroom with a massive tub! The bed was huge and comfortable. We were given all the information about the special offers we could avail of at the King Power duty free mall, including vouchers for 3000baht!(500 per night booked). We also got 20% off food and beverages and another 700 baht off any f&b at the hotel too. We had access to the executive lounge which offered the usual drinks and snacks between 5 and 7 but these were of an excellent quality and very tasty. We enjoyed several good mojotos here!

The tuk tuk to the BTS was great, and never more than a few minutes to wait at either end. It only took about 5 minutes to walk though! At the end of the drive , there was a massage parlour for 200 or 300 baht you could get an excellent, albeit rather communal, massage. The mall where the BTS Victory Monument was located ( century plaza) had several hair salons and nail bars for bargain prices if you needed anything doing. I think I had my nails and hair done 3 times in 5 days! Fantastic! We also bought a BTS card for 15 journeys, which meant each journey would only cost about 25 baht whatever distance was travelled. This came in very handy until we realised how cheap the cabs were! Most journeys didnt cost more than 100 b ( about £2.50) even when we stuck in traffic for ages!

One thing we loved was the cineplex at the Siam Paragon. This mall is crazy and amazing. The cinema features the Nokia Ultrascreen, where, for 800 baht each, you get access to a stylish lounge with complimentary soft /hot drinks and snacks and then shown to your private berth, with 2 fully reclining seats with gorgeous smelling duvet and pillows! So fun!

Back to the Pullman, we found the staff so warm, friendly and helpful at all times. They made an effort to remember names and what you had done the night before so they could engage in some banter. They spoke great english and were fantastic! I was worried reading the reviews, but then wondered if they had been written about the same hotel!
Check out was smooth in the lounge again, and although the bell boys needed reminding to bring our luggage, we wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel. Only thing was.. Avoid the duty free mall, totally overpriced and full of Chinese tour buses, dont know how things are priced over there but it was way over UK prices and no amount of discount improved the situation!

Room Tip: Pick an executive room or ideally suite, worth the extra!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hotbid
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I visit Bangkok once a year, for persoanl reason.
Sometime I live in 3 stars hotels like Ibis, i-Residence, or All Season, but I am still happy for what I get from the money I paid. However, this time, Pullman, is the worst experience.

I check-in at 11:30AM, room is not ready but not surprise since I come so early.
They arrange a room in 2nd floor, I request to switch to higher floor because I love to take photo from the windows, but reception said the hotel is full, can't do. Fine.......
Later when the room is ready, I found it takes more than half minute walk from the lift, I am already start regret I choose Pullman, but lucky, the King size bed is very very comfortable, which let me sleep very well.

Later, I request for late check-out at 2PM, the reception said 1PM is the latest check-out time.
I was shocked, this is the first time I was rejected for a late check-out.

I told myself, no next time.

For those who consider to live in Pullman, be careful for one more thing, customer from Duty Shop do SMOKE and SIT at the free Tuk Tuk place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kai C
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Bangkok King Power. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We were indeed fully booked during your stay; it was therefore difficult for us to allow some late check out after 13h00.

However I would really like to have more details about your stay and see how we can avoid that kind of issue in the future (Please feel free to contact me directly at fom@pullmanbangkokkingpower.com)

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.’

Angie Nitikoon
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several times, most recently in February 2012. The location makes touring the city easy - there is a free shuttle from the hotel/King Power Duty Free Centre to the Victory Monument Skytrain station. The staff are very helpful, and the paying extra for the Premier Lounge access benefits is worth it. Ate breakfast in the lounge, and called in during the day for coffee and enjoyed the refreshments each evening 5-7. Also computer access. The pool is large and refreshing and special discounts applied at the DF centre next door. There are lots of eating options, and this time I sampled the afternoon tea at The Pub, as well as using The Pub for an evening snack when I did not feel like the buffet. The Thai food in the Chaan restaurant is fantastic value.

Room Tip: Executive Room which gives Premier Lounge access is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

great hotel very near to the tube station you walk for like 4 mts but you can also take the fraa tuk tuk supplied by the hotel. Amazing pool is the highlight and if you can try to splash out for a superior room with free water and some fruits.. it is also in the lower tower which has an easier access to the pool, thats where we spent most of our time anyway

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple