“Front desk service was good, but massage left much to be desired.”

The Sala Wellness Studio
Ranked #145 of 600 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the restoration power of touch with a physical and mental renewal. Using high quality standard products for the best relaxing and restoring time. For facial and body treatment, we use DECLEOR products from France.
Reviewed 21 May 2015

I stumbled upon this place while walking around the Sala Daeng area. It looked pleasant, and the lady attending our enquiries at the front desk was nice, so we decided to give it a go. The therapist attending to me started the massage ok, but she annoyed me when she continued chatting with her colleague in Thai a good ten minutes into the massage. Then, she suddenly excused herself and stepped out of the room for about 5 minutes before coming back to resume the massage, with no explanation. Throughout the massage, the AC was blowing directly at me, and I was asked if I was comfortable with the temperature only after around 30 minutes after the massage commenced (and then she proceeded to adjust the AC, which provided some relief). Overall, I did not find the massage therapeutic; the therapist did not seem to know how to relief the tension points in my body. It felt like she was just going through the motions. The massage was also incredibly oily. When it ended, they asked if we wanted to take a shower (there are shower cubicles in the upstairs rooms but no toilet), and we declined as I know that it is not good for the body to have a shower immediately after a massage. And I do a lot of regular massages. Overall, even though the experience was not very awful, I will not recommend this place, unless you don't have much expectations from massage therapy (like deep tissue or swedish), and just want a relaxing aromatherapy-type massage.

WANDEE W, Owner at The Sala Wellness Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Good Morning Madam,

I’m sorry you had such a terrible experience. Unfortunately we’ve searched our records, and we have no evidence of your stay. If you’re willing, will you please contact us privately so we can get to the bottom of this?” May be as we don't have any cubicles shower in in our establishment, it must be a confusion with another spa massage in Saladaeng area !!

Best regards,

Khun Wan

Reviewed 10 April 2015

I have visited this Spa a number of times over the past 12 months but I have found over the past 2 or 3 months that this Spa is just excelling. It appears to me whoever looks after the Spa on a daily basis is doing an excellent job over the past couple of months. I went for my usual facial & once again was very pleased (Ae did a great job,obviously miracles arent possible). Due to what i have seen over the past few months I would recommend this spa to anyone

4  Thank Brendanpm
WANDEE W, Owner at The Sala Wellness Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2015

Dear Brenda .
Thank you very much for your compliment. Our team, Ae and I are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our service .Our main concern, is the satisfaction of our customers and for that we need to do the best job and keep day after day the hight standard quality treatment. We are looking forward to serving you again soon. Best regards, Wandee

Reviewed 24 December 2014

As it looked a very authentic and clean place, my daughter and I decided to try out with a "facial organic recovery", one of many choice on offer. At first we found the place fully booked and they offered a slot 2 hours later. On arrival we found the place very busy with potential customers. We were greated with the usual polite Thai welcome. Having washed our feet they took us to a double room and the following 50 minutes or so we both were treated to a very relaxing experience of facial cleansing and massage using several types of oils/cleansers/exfoliators etc. (I am not sure what they used - I feel it is nice to know what is being applied!). Although it is called facial they do include a bit of head, neck and arm massaging. Overall we both felt fully relaxed and rejuvenated. It is very clean and professionately run establishment. My daughter has already decided to go back for another course before leaving Bangkok. I have no hesitation in recommending this place for anyone looking for a genuine and relaxing experience out of one of their several massage packages on offer.

3  Thank Raja N
WANDEE W, Owner at The Sala Wellness Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Thank you very much for your visiting and writing compliment to us.We confirm than we use only the hight quality DECLEOR products from France for your treatment . We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed and have a good experience in The SALA Wellness Studio. We are looking forward to serving you again any time at your convenience. Best regards, Wandee

Reviewed 5 December 2014

Very thorough and relaxing! My therapist provided me a body scrub and an aroma massage. Very relaxing and enjoyable!

3  Thank Changez M
WANDEE W, Owner at The Sala Wellness Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Thank you very much for your visiting and writing compliment to us. We are very delighted to know than your experience in our salon was exactly what you expected .